Need input from the pros

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
I would like input from the pros as to how I should handle a situtation.

I shipped four Atlantic Stingrays to a customer. All in seperate boxes. All were claimed DOA on Arrival. It took him 12 hours to send me a picture. The picture was of the 4 dead rays out of the bags and on the ground.

My policy states all pictures must be recieved within 6 hours. It also states a picture must be taken in the unopened bag.

This customer is well known here and has knowledge in fish. He wants a full credit for the Dead Rays. Based on his pictures I can not determine if they were DOA or died in his care. Alot can Happen in 12 hours.

He is using his "Do you know who I am" status on this forum to bully me. For those who know me I do not take kindly to these types of threat.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
We both know there is 2 ways to handle this
#1, the nice way, cave in & refund the money
#2, my way, no refund due to the fact that he didnt follow the terms of sale

b-man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
US
hmm...... toughie. provided you stated your terms and there was no hold up in shipping, your technically not liable. try to explain that to him. see what he says. if you have you done biz with him before and he is reasonable, i would try to work out something like credit.

good luck, let us know what happens

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
Sorry to hear about the problem but don't base you decision on WHO they are or WHO THEY think they are.

If you both understood the rules then there should be no problem following the rules.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
b-man;867339; said:
hmm...... toughie. provided you stated your terms and there was no hold up in shipping, your technically not liable. try to explain that to him. see what he says. if you have you done biz with him before and he is reasonable, i would try to work out something like credit.

good luck, let us know what happens
I told him the policy over the phone, it is stated on my website and on this forum. He told me that my unopened bag policy should only be for wholesalers. He is entitled to his opinion, but that is still my policy and will not change.

I offered him 4 more rays at my cost. I will not make any money off of that. In fact I will lose money taking the time to get them, box them and ship them.

That is not good enough for him. He wants the cash back.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
If he is a well known member who has had prior experiences, then he should know better.

I've had rays that arrive but die soon after, but I always suck it up because that's the risk I take for online purchases. It's part of the game.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
I do know the story of the dead stingrays.. from what i understand. i see flaw on both side

customer -

1. he should check your website to see about the policy.

NE cichlid -

1. Should put your policy up on MFK.

-----

from what i was told. john didnt know about the NE site. was told on the phone about the live arrival thing. not the DOA policy. and he want to split the lost 50-50 .

as a fish seller at one time... i do work with my customers.. but its a personal choice.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
neoprodigy;873961; said:
I do know the story of the dead stingrays.. from what i understand. i see flaw on both side

customer -

1. he should check your website to see about the policy.

NE cichlid -

1. Should put your policy up on MFK.

-----

from what i was told. john didnt know about the NE site. was told on the phone about the live arrival thing. not the DOA policy. and he want to split the lost 50-50 .

as a fish seller at one time... i do work with my customers.. but its a personal choice.
if you go to my forum, ünder the welcome sticky. It clearly states to go to our website for all shipping and payment policies.I post on lots of forums and refer everyone to our website, including john. I told him we do have a live arrival policy. I directed him on the phone to go to our website and read all of our policies. If he did not that is not my fault. I do not soon feed anyone. As for a 50 50 split I already said I would give him four more at my cost.

Honestly would any of you buy online from someone you have never dealt with without knowing or asking all of the details. I would not. I make sure I know all policies before I buy. He wants me to pay because he chose not to follow my phone call directions to visit my website.

There are plenty of people on this forum and others that can vouch for my honesty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store