Need input from the pros

carpediem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
That's a tough situation...

Personally, I would probably be willing to split the loss with him 50/50 considering he can claim that he didn't know about your policy. In the future, I would be sure to post your policies with your available fish. Maybe a sticky in your vendor section? Probably a good idea for all of us...

Seriously though... Everyone who buys fish online assumes a DOA picture in the bag policy. It's just "what is done", ya know? If this person is well known and claims some kind of status on this site, they should have known to take pics of the dead fish in the bag. Unless they weren't dead in the bag...

Darin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Rules is rules, but sometimes we as fish salers take a hit from time to time.
Just part of the business, sucks, but true.
tfd.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
TFDFish;876173; said:
Rules is rules, but sometimes we as fish salers take a hit from time to time.
Just part of the business, sucks, but true.
tfd.
I see where you are coming from. If I or any bussiness lets a situation like this slip by what is to stop others from pleading the same ignorance and trying to get something for nothing. You hit the nail on the head with rules are rules and pleading ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

My fear is if I go back on my rules I will have to deal with other people who play that we'll you bent your rules on the last customer. It is better to stick to the rules.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store