Need input from the pros

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
Last october was the last time I imported fish. my order was over 4k from Peru. Fish and Wildlife didn't show up, and Continental airlines tipped on pallet of fish onto the other. When I received the fish boxes were wet, upside down, on their side, and didn't weigh much. Despite my policy stating fish were at owners risk I know that when I get fish again I will be able to sell to the people that received DOA. I have only recently been able to pay back the last of the people. CO sent me a check for $375 for the two boxes that never even got to me which didn't really help. I have people knocking at my door for fish still... some of them were on that order.

What hurts business more? Not refunding the money, or maybe even saying it can be credit toward another purchase and then make sure that the rules are known. Or is it saying publicly that your not going to do anything about it?

Best of luck hope this all goes over well.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I'm sorry you have to endure these hassles with people who don't understand how to be responsible for their own decisions.
I'm even more saddened that these events result in ruining an internet resource for the rest of us who DO understand the benefits and risks.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
I apreciate everyones input on this matter. I do not want to make this a public debate between myself or the customer. Seeing as a few of you know who this is I wonder if the Customer is going to make it public.

Also Neo

I understand where you are coming from and I do not take this personally, it's just bussiness. I just went back to my forum and not only do I mention my website on the welcome sticky, there is another sticky on there that says in big letters Website Link. it is posted twice on my forum and I told him on the phone. He had three chances to go there. I am not asking for sides to be taken, I just want your honest oppinion on this matter.

Thanks

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I wonder if the Customer is going to make it public.
Im guessing that he might.:nilly:

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
N-E Cichlids;874430;874430 said:
I apreciate everyones input on this matter. I do not want to make this a public debate between myself or the customer. Seeing as a few of you know who this is I wonder if the Customer is going to make it public.

Also Neo

I understand where you are coming from and I do not take this personally, it's just bussiness. I just went back to my forum and not only do I mention my website on the welcome sticky, there is another sticky on there that says in big letters Website Link. it is posted twice on my forum and I told him on the phone. He had three chances to go there. I am not asking for sides to be taken, I just want your honest oppinion on this matter.

Thanks
I think it should be posted... not a link... alot of time member dont check links... and i will not say on the phone i do "live garentee" ...

as for me... with all the fish i got... i dont think i encounter a no open bag rule yet. but I will try to save a fish than making a claim. so far all the sellers have worked with me when DOA happens..

just depend if you want have anymore biz with this person.

Member give you thumbs up - you might get more biz from the member and members will trust you more.

member give you thumbs down - you might lose biz from the member and members will have trust you less.

good luck

side note : i dont think he will try to cheat anyone. been to his place and spoke to him many many times...

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
My no bag opened policy protects me from scammers. I too do not think he is a scammer.

When he first e-mailed me he said all 4 were DOA, then the next morning when my wife spoke to him on the phone he said they did not look good. They are either dead or not. If they did not look good, but were still breathing or moving then they arrived alive. If they died later then they are no longer covered.

If a fish arrives alive and a customer opens the bag and does something to cause the fish to die, I nor any other company should be held responsible for their mistake. The only way to tell if a fish was truly DOA is to take a picture in the original unopened bag. Hell even that is not 100%, but it is the best I know of. This is one of the risks involved with internet shopping.

I will not let a guy threaten to tell the whole forum about me. If others believe everything he says and decide not to do bussiness with me because of his dealings with me, then that is their choice. I have plenty of people out there to back my work up and know I make good on any DOA's as long as they follow the rules.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store