Need some help with noise reduction options

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I guess the DCS was an improvement over the DCT and the DCP is an improvement over the DCS. It looks like the DCP uses some sort of sine wave technology to quiet the pump down even more than the DCS and DCT. I found a few comparisons and people were saying that some of the larger DCP pumps were quieter than their smaller DCT pumps.

I think that the DCP's are so new that they are barely stocked in the US. The ones available on EBAY are actually not built for the US and can be noisy (according to a few of the sources I have seen). I think Fish Street is the only place that carries the new model that is purpose built for the US.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Well since you can hear it, I retract all the things I alluded to.
With me, it was always camouflaged retribution some long forgotten (by me) ancient failing on my part.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Yeah, it's not enough to bother me but I am still going to try to make it quieter.

I just ordered one of the Jebao DCP pumps. I found a seller on EBAY that is supposed to be selling the US model. It was $85 and free shipping so I will see how it works and if it works well I will order another one to replace the other pump in my sump. I will probably make a thread about the pump once I have it running.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Aaahhh always the wife lol

My dcts are silent but looking forward to your review of the dcp. Please post

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Newest addition to the setup:

IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG

I just got the low profile drain from Bulk Reef Supply today. I had to cut down a coupling to make it fit, otherwise, it would have been to high. But, it worked out great and I got it at the exact height that the previous open standpipe was at. Now, I don't have to worry about my eels having any way out. Real happy with the drain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store