Need some help

Genaric_username

Feeder Fish
Oct 11, 2020
My Gulper Catfish has refused to eat anything and I’m starting to worry. I’ve tried all the methods online and he still won’t eat. Any recommendations on what to do now? He is still adolescent by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My Gulper Catfish has refused to eat anything and I’m starting to worry. I’ve tried all the methods online and he still won’t eat. Any recommendations on what to do now? He is still adolescent by the way.
Welcome aboard
How long have you had the Gulper Catfish? If you just got the Catfish recently allow it to settle in. Eventually it will eat when it's ready.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome aboard
How long have you had the Gulper Catfish? If you just got the Catfish recently allow it to settle in. Eventually it will eat when it's ready.
+1

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Welcome aboard
Agreed. With these cats they can go upto 2-3 months without eating and be fine. It's the main reason why they have such an expansive stomach. These fish in the wild will sit in one spot and wait for days -weeks-months for prey to swim right infront of its face. Even if the prey is longer then the cat itself is, it will still eat it.

I once seen a video about this guy feeding his 10in gulper cat 3 8in koi all in one sitting. That cat ate every single one of those koi and looked like it was about to burst. The guy also said that he feeds his cat like that once a month, but other then that large feeding it doesn't eat for the rest of the whole month. Now don't take it the wrong way, I'm not suggesting that ya do what he did, I'm just saying this as a show of how long these cats can go without food.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store