New 125 all male peacock and Hap tank

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think a lot of that will have to do with how many fish are in the tank they will be reintroduced to. The last time I added fish to my over stocked tank there were 4 new. My jewel singled one out and was relentless for 3 days chasing him. Then he gave up and went back to being an ass to everyone. If you have enough fish they generally spread the aggression out if any.

ryang85

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi, question regarding re-introducing the fish I took out. So after I took out couple of the existing fishes. The German Red, OB, etc.. and I took out the huge drift wood, moved it to the 100 and moved some large rocks into the 125. The fishes are a lot more calmer and swimming are entire tank. Don't really fights that more if any.

So my question, how long should I wait before re-introducing the German Red and the OB back to the tank or should I not add them back?

And if I re-add them, it will be only 2 fishes, will they get bully to death by the other fishes?

thanks
If they have arnt beating anyone up in your other tank I would leave them there at least until your haps get enough size to intimidate them.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
My ha
If they have arnt beating anyone up in your other tank I would leave them there at least until your haps get enough size to intimidate them.
Most of my new Haps are actually the same size or bigger than them. I removed them because they keep picking fight with the new Haps and losing. The German Red had a scrape on the side where the skin was peeled. So I got worried if it continues it might get kill.
The thing is I don’t link it a lot and wanted to see if both of them can be added back. Not a big deal if not.

thanks

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
I think a lot of that will have to do with how many fish are in the tank they will be reintroduced to. The last time I added fish to my over stocked tank there were 4 new. My jewel singled one out and was relentless for 3 days chasing him. Then he gave up and went back to being an ass to everyone. If you have enough fish they generally spread the aggression out if any.
I have about 16 fishes in the 125 now, 9 new one ranging from 4.5-6 inches. 7 old one, mostly 3 inches except 2 that are 4.5-5 inch.

My plan is to eventually left with 12 to 15 Haps for this tank when they pickup more on sizes but kind of wanted to keep it a little overcrowded to lower aggression. Hope that makes sense.

thanks

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
Hi question, all my new fishes are doing well except the Mylochromis. It’s one of the largest in the tank and no one is messing with it. It swims around the tank and does not look stressed. However, it has no interest in food. When I feed every other fish are going for it but this one just have no interest at all.

I am feeding NLS 1mm pellets. I know it’s only been 3 days. Just not sure if I need to be concerned or not. All my previous Cichlid’s has eat with a day or two.

Thanks

ryang85

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi question, all my new fishes are doing well except the Mylochromis. It’s one of the largest in the tank and no one is messing with it. It swims around the tank and does not look stressed. However, it has no interest in food. When I feed every other fish are going for it but this one just have no interest at all.

I am feeding NLS 1mm pellets. I know it’s only been 3 days. Just not sure if I need to be concerned or not. All my previous Cichlid’s has eat with a day or two.

Thanks

Could be a variety of issues. I would isolate and treat with general cure ( prazipro is easier on the fish but not as effective on a variety of issues) for 7 to 10 days. Offer food after 5 days and if it dosnt eat after 10 theres not much you can do.
It's likely just an internal parasite. The fact it isnt eating could be the first sign of internal parasites, bloat or worst case gill flukes.

I recently got an order of fish with gill flukes and have lost 4 smaller fish over the past 3 months, it's a brutal parasite and almost impossible to treat or get rid of in a large tank. Luckily most fish arnt effected much by it unless they are stressed. Internal parasite are pretty common and easily treated in haps.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
Could be a variety of issues. I would isolate and treat with general cure ( prazipro is easier on the fish but not as effective on a variety of issues) for 7 to 10 days. Offer food after 5 days and if it dosnt eat after 10 theres not much you can do.
It's likely just an internal parasite. The fact it isnt eating could be the first sign of internal parasites, bloat or worst case gill flukes.

I recently got an order of fish with gill flukes and have lost 4 smaller fish over the past 3 months, it's a brutal parasite and almost impossible to treat or get rid of in a large tank. Luckily most fish arnt effected much by it unless they are stressed. Internal parasite are pretty common and easily treated in haps.
Thanks, I have Prazipro and will treat the entire tank then for a few session and add Epsom salt to see if it will improve. If it’s gill fluke or internal parasite, my entire tank probably has it now, so will treat the whole tank. I just got a spare 55 gallon, so will use that for QT in the future.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
It could also just be the fish getting settled in.
How long before I need to worry about it? Fish is not hiding, swimming around nicely. Not harassed by anyone. No sign of sickness and not flashing or anything.

I order some different pellets and hopefukky will eat.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Personally I would give it a few. Most of the fish I have mail ordered have started eating fairly fast but some take up to a week.

Reactions: deeda and Eric1115
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store