New 125 all male peacock and Hap tank

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
Look at some of the fish in my tank. You would be surprised how few fish I have had to remove due to aggression. I have tangs that are really small and are completely unmolested by fish 6 times their size. And if I remember correctly the only fish I have rehomed were mbuna. Hopefully you are pleasantly surprised.
Great, I really hopeful. It’s just I keep hearing all these horror stories on forum, youtube and makes me really concern.

And there are so much contradicting info on almost anything I research.

I have had really good luck with my original tropical tanks when I had them but gave most away when I had the sports injury and no longer can take care of the 18 fish tanks I had at that time.

I rejoin the hobby few years ago and decided to try Cichlid, since I really didn’t try that other than Rams. I have had great luck with MBuna, so figure I try Peacocks and that quickly turn into Haps.

Really hoping for good experience.

thanks
:newbie:?

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Once the Predator Haps adjust to their new environment, The German Red will likely be bumped to a lower position in the heirarchy.
I agree with The Morning The Morning . Provided enough cover, the smaller fish probably will be ignored. I have baby Chailosi, Greshakei,
& Trewavasae. Other than the first few days after introduction, bigger fish ignor them.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Have you ever seen a Livingstonni hunt? Mine has not done it I a while but it used to lay on the substrate on its side where fry were commonly spotted. When one would swim near it would pop up and eat them. Pretty wild to watch. He has not done it I a good bit.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
Have you ever seen a Livingstonni hunt? Mine has not done it I a while but it used to lay on the substrate on its side where fry were commonly spotted. When one would swim near it would pop up and eat them. Pretty wild to watch. He has not done it I a good bit.
Yes I saw a video of it when I was researching the fish. I had two of them but unfortunately one died from bloat and the other jump the tank and I found it the next morning.

There are few more fish I really would love to get like all the big boys plus MDoka Whitelip, Venustus, Livingstonii etc.. but not for this tank.

I was originally planning for something like a 300 but have to put it on hold with everything happening now. Hopefully I will be able to and then I can try the bigger Haps and more combo. Would also love to setup a Discus tank, Central America and South America tank eventually.

I know I am getting ahead of myself, so will focus on this tank first.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
My last three Venust have all met untimely deaths. Not sure why but I can’t keep them alive.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
My last three Venust have all met untimely deaths. Not sure why but I can’t keep them alive.
By the way, my tank is like WWIII now, everyone fighting each other. And they are all doing the mating spawning circling to each other. I assume it’s displaying to show dominance and not actually mating as these are all very color up 5+ size.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
By the way, my tank is like WWIII now, everyone fighting each other. And they are all doing the mating spawning circling to each other. I assume it’s displaying to show dominance and not actually mating as these are all very color up 5+ size.
Once the Predator Haps adjust to their new environment, The German Red will likely be bumped to a lower position in the heirarchy.
I agree with The Morning The Morning . Provided enough cover, the smaller fish probably will be ignored. I have baby Chailosi, Greshakei,
& Trewavasae. Other than the first few days after introduction, bigger fish ignor them.
do you think this is a male? About 4-4.25 inch sold to me as male. Christyi.283FE8DD-8CEB-456B-B65A-9F3EA06B4457.jpeg

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store