New Addition

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Lol, was just about to post an update.

Well, he didn't eat anything overnight and I removed the uneaten bloodworms this morning. He is coming out to explore a bit when the lights are turned on though. He also looks a bit healthier and his swimming has improved and looks more natural. I will test the water when I get home tonight and will do a water change if needed, or maybe will just do one anyway. Here are a few pictures of him this morning:

IMG_2135.JPG IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2137.JPG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
nice eel dude. Wife loves them. By an chance did you treat with any meds ? I always treat new fish in qt with a couple of rounds of parasite guard, just a thought

Reactions: magpie

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
nice eel dude. Wife loves them. By an chance did you treat with any meds ? I always treat new fish in qt with a couple of rounds of parasite guard, just a thought
Thank you. You should get one for your 300. I think they are in season right now, so you should be able to find one.

I haven't treated him yet but I might have to if he doesn't eat soon. I am going to give him a bunch of different stuff tonight and see if he goes for anything. He has started to come out exploring whenever I turn the lights on. I gave him some bloodworms a few hours ago and he seemed interested in eating them, but turned away as if he was being picky and wanted to eat something else. I've seen this behavior out of my other two before. If I can get him big and beastly like my others, and he keeps his fantastic red color, I think he will be one of the best looking fire eels that I've seen.

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thank you. You should get one for your 300. I think they are in season right now, so you should be able to find one.

I haven't treated him yet but I might have to if he doesn't eat soon. I am going to give him a bunch of different stuff tonight and see if he goes for anything. He has started to come out exploring whenever I turn the lights on. I gave him some bloodworms a few hours ago and he seemed interested in eating them, but turned away as if he was being picky and wanted to eat something else. I've seen this behavior out of my other two before. If I can get him big and beastly like my others, and he keeps his fantastic red color, I think he will be one of the best looking fire eels that I've seen.
Cool good luck man.

I know some may be against it but i view all new fish as carriers of parasites lol so they all get treated

Reactions: DMD123

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Cool good luck man.

I know some may be against it but i view all new fish as carriers of parasites lol so they all get treated
Along those lines, what do you usually use to treat internal parasites and/or worms? Anything that is available at local pet stores? Otherwise, I will probably grab it off Amazon.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Good news! He ate a red wiggler! Out of all of the things I put into his tank, I'm kind of surprised he went for that. I tried out mysis shrimp, bloodworms, meal worms, and red wigglers. To my surprise, he snatched up the larger of the two red wigglers and gobbled it up.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Along those lines, what do you usually use to treat internal parasites and/or worms? Anything that is available at local pet stores? Otherwise, I will probably grab it off Amazon.
I always treat new fish with tetra parasite gaurd regardless of where thry came from and even i they are eating.

Awesome that the little guy ate for you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store