New bass won’t eat

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
How long have you tried doing the frozen bloodworms?
When I got my small bass it took almost 2 weeks and finally the bloodworms worked. Not much later started hitting krill and after that sticks.

But I know the feeling. Can't imagine waiting a month for something to work.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
If they are eating frozen cut silversides, then the easiest way to convert them, is stuffing the silversides with food sticks. They will start eating pellets and won’t even know it. Then increase the amount of pellets your stuffing in there so they start to develop a taste for them. Eventually they will go for the pellets on their own.
Genious!
that’s what I’m looking for, great idea!

Picked up some silver sides will start tomorrow.

vendor they came from had them on frozen feeders...

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
If they are eating frozen cut silversides, then the easiest way to convert them, is stuffing the silversides with food sticks. They will start eating pellets and won’t even know it. Then increase the amount of pellets your stuffing in there so they start to develop a taste for them. Eventually they will go for the pellets on their own.
You took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I am currently doing with my aro, and it is working like a charm so far. The aro is much more coy and cheeky than my bass ever were.

Reactions: TheWolfman
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store