New Black Wolf

Drizzt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Central California
Made the mistake of trying to use this goldfish that has been living with my Marbled Lungfish as a dither for the wolf since it's bigger. The wolf went crazy as soon as I put it in and bit off half of it's tail. I felt bad so I took the goldfish back out of the tank. On the bright side, it got the wolf hungry and he ate a piece of shrimp.

20180124_105201.jpg

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nice, on a good track. Took mine a month for me to catch him taking anything and I had to peek with the door cracked. Wish I could've got mine that small. Would've had a lot less casualties..

Drizzt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Central California
Nice, on a good track. Took mine a month for me to catch him taking anything and I had to peek with the door cracked. Wish I could've got mine that small. Would've had a lot less casualties..
I'm going to keep this guy by himself. I've lost too many fish over the years to wolves and not to mention the wolves themselves getting spooked and smashing into the glass.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
My guy was eating his tankmates mostly. I had ordered a small one originally but it got lost in shipping for an extra day and was doa so I got sent a larger one which ended up eating tankmates. It did kill a few Bala sharks, seemed agitated by their activity. Never had a skittish wolf.. how do you keep their set ups? Mine were in a low traffic area and still never spooked. Only kept my one curu. I've had many mala. Few ery, and my one gold I have still. When kept alone they can become real personable though. Perks to everything right? Lol

Drizzt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Central California
Right now this one is on the floor in my kitchen...lol. I'm going to build a stand tomorrow. It's eaten about 4 pieces of cut up market shrimp today so that equals to about 1 whole shrimp. I had an ery I got back in October, it was doing fine until I had to move it for a bit into a tank with my marbled lungfish. I setup a divider and when I got home later that day, the ery was floating around barely breathing and one of his eyes was cloudy. I think it got spooked and injured itself. I'd like to get another one. The colors are nice, kind of reminds me of a snakehead (don't we all wish those were legal here?).

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
They are legal here!-) tbh I've kept many channa and my red wolf is as good as any of them tbh.
I found mala to be very boring tho.
I've only had mine a couple of weeks and he is insanely confident, even after moving him to a different tank he ate straight away.
Awesome fish., Good luck with your black wolf he is gonna be awesome with some size on him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store