New Flowerhorn

jsoto2005

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
I've got a friend, well friend of a friend.. He does water changes when he feels like it, never checks nitrates, feeds whatever foods, doesnt add water conditioner, never temp matches, straight savage cold water 90% changes... has a 8 inch Flowerhorn with massive head and pearls haha, sometimes you just cant argue with results

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I've got a friend, well friend of a friend.. He does water changes when he feels like it, never checks nitrates, feeds whatever foods, doesnt add water conditioner, never temp matches, straight savage cold water 90% changes... has a 8 inch Flowerhorn with massive head and pearls haha, sometimes you just cant argue with results
Lol some fish are just insane on what they will put up with. I had a male angelfish once for about 3 years, he almost died 9 times and bounced back every single time. The female I had for 4 years died before he ever did, sadly died to over breeding. Also had 4 convicts in a 60g half full for 4 months, fed only once every 5 days, no heater, no filter, no bubbler, and no water changes. They were so tough and smart that they had a breeding colony of mosquitos in there the entire time and even bred in the tank during the 4 months. Still have the male 4 years later and he's currently in my big girls tank (FH) at about 5in.

jsoto2005

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
Lol some fish are just insane on what they will put up with. I had a male angelfish once for about 3 years, he almost died 9 times and bounced back every single time. The female I had for 4 years died before he ever did, sadly died to over breeding. Also had 4 convicts in a 60g half full for 4 months, fed only once every 5 days, no heater, no filter, no bubbler, and no water changes. They were so tough and smart that they had a breeding colony of mosquitos in there the entire time and even bred in the tank during the 4 months. Still have the male 4 years later and he's currently in my big girls tank (FH) at about 5in.
Pwoahh that blows my mind.?

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Pwoahh that blows my mind.?
Lol yeah some of these fish can just put up with everything. Granted I've had more then my fair share of fish the didn't handle anything either so all in all it just depends on the fish personally rather then the specie as a whole.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Not sure when I ever got defensive my man? Didn't mean to make it seem that way. Thanks for everyone who posted on this thread.
Sorry if I over analyzed it. And here is one more over analyzation, there were few comments that seem derailed from the topic of the thread according to you and called it hijacking, there are more comments about live food talk and that was okay. Only difference I see was my contrasting opinion about the food.

$15 for 100 gm food is scam. Fish colors are all about Carotenoids, which fish can not synthesis and can get it directly from food. There are different ones for different colors, tunaxanthein (yellow), lutein (greenish yellow), beta carotene (orange), doradexanthins (yellow), zeaxanthin (yellow orange), canthaxanthin (orange red), astaxanthin (red), eichinenone (red) and taraxanthin (yellow). Any food with required color Carotenoids will maintain the color of the fish. I think fish turning red when grown has to do with genetics and not food, so my comment was completely wrong.

Don't feed him red color diet or that yellow will all disappear.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Genetics not results.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Lol thats what i meant, its the "result" from "genetics". That was my main point. Must have gone way above the old noggin.. Wooshhhh
Sure. I am trying to keep the conversation civilized, by assuming we just started on wrong foot, it's up to you how you want to keep it here on.

Reactions: jsoto2005
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store