New Hoplias Aimara

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
My Hoplias aimara came from Wes that owns the business namedIMAG0588.jpg "Rare Fish" in California. He is a friend and in my opinion, one of the most knowledgeable fishgeeks around!!! I have purchased multiple fish from him and everything has ALWAYS exceeded my expectations!!! He even lived here in town close to me for a while before moving to California. Would recommend him to anyone who is looking for hard to find fish.

IMAG0588.jpg

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Yes, the Aimara is alone in it's tank. The only thing I will probably ever keep with it is a school of tetras. I like the Bucktooth Tetra (Exodon paradoxus), but I think it will need to be 24"-30" before I can add some safely without them being eaten. Emperor & Cardinal Tetras are another couple that I like.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Well, the Aimara eats anything I put in the aquarium now. Krill, while shrimp, crayfish, strips of fish, ect... I have a bait shop near the house that sells live rainbow trout. I'm gonna go get a dozen about 4-7" long for the Aimara Wolffish and the other fish in the house. I'll video when I feed and post it. I bet the trout put some weight on it. It's not skinny by any means though. I sure am glad it's not skittish or tries to hide at all. By far, my favorite fish I've ever owned. Not even a close 2nd. I'd recommend one to anyone. Such a great personality already. Tame to the point of begging for food in like 3 days. Just awesome. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store