New Hoplias Aimara

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Get your Aimara off live food, and put him on pellet and whole fish cut in pieces, Zeke. Soon, he'll come greed you everytime you're in the room, just like these guys. BTW, Ricky Rubio was lurking in the back court at the time I took the picture. I tried, but couldn't capture all of them in one shot
Nice job! That's amazing. What size is the tank? You ever get my pm?

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
IMAG0998_1.jpg I took a couple of pictures tonight while watching Jeremy Wade on his "River Monsters" television show . My fat little Anjimara Wolffish at one point had its bottom jaw touching the glass on the front right side of the aquarium glass. I used a small piece of duct tape to mark exactly where its caudal fin ended on the front of the aquarium. It measures exactly a very thick, fat and healthy 9 5/8" now. I've been busy and not exactly had fish on my mind lately due to a health problem my wife has been dealing with. To say the least....,I was surprised to see how fast my little kemosabe has grown. I guess with all the water changes, vitamins, not to mention all of the high quality and variety of foods it's been receiving, I shouldn't be surprised....but I was. I still like it better than any fish I've ever owned. It just has such a great personality, Lol!!! Thanks for all of the comments wishing my wife well. It REALLY means alot to me...much less her! I have a bunch of excellent fishgeek friends on MFK...Thank you so much! Happy Easter everyone. God bless all of you.

IMAG0998_1.jpg

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Looking great and you can see you're pampering it a bit, great growth rate on this one.

As for selling it.. I really hope you can sell to an MFK member so you at least know the whereabouts of the fish or can maybe even buy it back someday!
Wishing all the best for you and your wife mate!:)

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
She's better. Thanks. Lots of tests yet. Breast cancer is just pink ribbons until it lands in your lap. I guess I just freaked out. Thanks for all the concern. I really appreciate it.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Just fed the Aimara a bunch of nightcrawlers(earthworms). Fatty again. Gonna move some fish around this weekend. The Aimara Wolffish is gonna be in a tank about twice as large as it's in now. I think I'm gonna put it in on of the 200's. I have 2 of those(7/2/2') . It's either that or a 125 or 135 for the time being. I've thought about putting a few 8" peacock bass in at the same time ,so I'll have all weekend to watch them.IMAG1005.jpg

IMAG1005.jpg

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Just fed the Aimara a bunch of nightcrawlers(earthworms). Fatty again. Gonna move some fish around this weekend. The Aimara Wolffish is gonna be in a tank about twice as large as it's in now. I think I'm gonna put it in on of the 200's. I have 2 of those(7/2/2') . It's either that or a 125 or 135 for the time being. I've thought about putting a few 8" peacock bass in at the same time ,so I'll have all weekend to watch them.View attachment 1069598
Firstly, I'm glad she's doing better and I hope she continues to do so. And if you're saying you're thinking of putting the bass with him I'd say put him in a 200 and go for it. Especially if you can watch incase anything you can intervene. Keep us updated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store