New Kamfa Flowerhorn not eating, scared..

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
Yes does plants looks chilensis. Starve and slowly introduce the lights to him. Try to soak ur pellets on thawed fbw.

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
Alright so I just got home from work and he was sitting on the bottom of the tank and not moving.

Done water tests and results are fine ph:7.2, ammonia: 0, nitrite 0 nitrate 20 so its not that.
Immediately removed 30% water which increased the aeration and it did make him more active. His colour seems fine as normal and there was a **** ton of small brown poop on the substrate which wasn't there previous. I still haven't attempted to feed him since the last time which will make it around 2 days now. Kinda like those chocolate sprinkles you put on cakes LOL

So I've vacuumed them out also.

Lights are still off too and the sponge filter is also still running in addition to my cannister filter. He seems more active now and is swimming around and chasing himself in the reflection in the glass if a little slowly. I also put a mirror infront of the tank and he is acting pretty aggressive when he sees himself which is a good sign. I have also just noticed on closer inspection a very small graze/cut on his little hump and I am no expert on healing but to me it looks like its healing.

I did notice small white worms in the water too, doesn't appear to be any stuck to the glass,however they have all more or less disappeared once I removed 30% of the water.

So I am confused now as to what is going on if anything.

As a side note, vacuuming the substrate is fast becoming a pain in the arse. How would I go about removing it without stressing the FH out and killing my cycle?

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
Should also add, he started nipping at the gravel vacuum when I was siphoning the water and poop. Will check back tomorrow with him as it is now bedtime for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store