New Kamfas on the way!

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
We can bicker over foods and what effects what but there has been no scientific studies to say the bloat doesnt come from any particular food source being hikari or excalibur

I've had bloated fish long before I started using higher protein foods. With the 15 FH I currently keep and are in the peak of health.

Also have had fish I fed only hikari have the nasty head bumps and major bloat. So I've been on both sides of the fence and have a perspective from both sides and can give my neutral opinion.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
We can bicker over foods and what effects what but there has been no scientific studies to say the bloat doesnt come from any particular food source being hikari or excalibur

I've had bloated fish long before I started using higher protein foods. With the 15 FH I currently keep and are in the peak of health.

Also have had fish I fed only hikari have the nasty head bumps and major bloat. So I've been on both sides of the fence and have a perspective from both sides and can give my neutral opinion.
I am not comparing hikari and excalibur, that's an apple to oranges comparison IMO. I do understand you had some improvements when you started feeding excalibur instead of hikari, it definitely has better ingredients. And as we talked about northfin few times, give it a try, it's more apple to apples comparison to excalibur as both don't use any fillers.

All I said is okiko is crap. Every time I see someone post a fish with prolapse I ask them what they feed and most often it has been okiko. One of the reasons behind gastrointestinal issues including prolapse is lack of fiber. Mostly when comparing things like bloat, prolapse, we need larger dataset, we have to look at probability not the possibility. A fish on healthy diet has less chances of getting sick but it still can.

I do do sanity checks few times. PJ in fb group is a vet and owner of a flowerhorn. I do talk with him regarding nutrition and different issues. There would never be a direct study on flowerhorns, we have to pick up from different genuine sources and factor in relevance.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store