New obsession!

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
One thing I’ve learned about my silurus is he does NOT like change. He has two foods he likes tilapia and NLS pellets. He won’t take the other brands I offer. And when I move around decor or switch one hide for another he will stop eating for a few days. I return his preferred hide and he goes back to normal. Very odd.

CE7BDFBF-4500-4811-BA3F-E16DC50F5E51.jpeg
9”

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Our wels behaves the same. Wednesday13's did too.

I wade into our 25K and snorkel and take a close look at our wels sitting in its "hide" in the corner behind the pumps and it stops feeding for a few days. They hate change. All fish do but they perhaps react more acutely.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Our wels behaves the same. Wednesday13's did too.

I wade into our 25K and snorkel and take a close look at our wels sitting in its "hide" in the corner behind the pumps and it stops feeding for a few days. They hate change. All fish do but they perhaps react more acutely.
Thanks for the affirmation that I’m not a complete loon. Going to be hard for a kid like me that gets bored and wants to redesign a tank every couple of weeks. I will try and settle on a design.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Keeping in mind we are talking about related but different fish, Chinese wels and just wels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store