New pickup - Tigrinus

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Great post! All agreeable on my end except my experience with feeding salt water bait fish to my tigs begs to differ but I agree that there is a mystery around it and we clearly have two groups of tig keepers - ones that say don't feed crustaceans and saltwater feed, and the others that have done it and say it's ok.

I heed the first group guys like you and hence do not offer my tigs any crustaceans but their staple meaty feed is s/w bait fish. Always has been since 1.5". I currently am raising 10 tigs,
-- 18"
-- 12"-14" x4
-- 5"-7" x5
Nice, 10 tigs?? That's amazing! U keep them together or in separate tanks? Post some pics! Glad u enjoyed my post. Thanks for that!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Nice, 10 tigs?? That's amazing! U keep them together or in separate tanks? Post some pics! Glad u enjoyed my post. Thanks for that!
They are "peppered" around -
-- 18"-er is in 4500 gal
-- two 12"-ers are in one 240 gal (they have learned to stay away from each other)
-- other 12"-14"-ers are one per tank in 240 gal
-- five little guys are together still in 240 gal

You will catch a glimpse of each or so in the walkabout - the second half of this video:

Reactions: moe214

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
i may be selling the Tig, was offered double the price i paid....

Tig is very stable now, when i feed the fishes, he will roam round the tank looking for food..... i believe he has a very keen sense of smell... as even when i throw in floating pellets, he would sense food and start searching for it

Main diet now is market prawn inserted with hikari jumbo carnisticks...

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store