New pickup - Tigrinus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Someone was selling this cat, lyre tail broken and his tank was too small.... he has a 1.5ft silver aro and a 1.5ft chilli red aro as well as this cat and 2 other fishes in a 4ft x 1.5ft tank :(

First night of pick up , tig was stressed , keep swimming towards the top of tank as per pic

Next morning, he seems settled as per 2nd pic

It has been three days and he is still not eating. Only tried market prawn

Will keep trying till he eats. Nope I do not have to go down the feeder route :(

20170902_195138.jpg

20170903_215803.jpg

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Nice looking tig. Considering his small tank previously his looking in good condition. All my cats go off there food when they have moved so i wudnt worry he will feed when his ready

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
They often only eat when food literally touches their mouth so turn ofvall circulation and let small pieces of cut up food hit their mouth, then they eat. Do not over do it, just a small belly bulge, let it go,down and then feed more.

Mine often swims constantly up the glass in a current, I think it is cigs they come from fast flowing water.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
They often only eat when food literally touches their mouth so turn ofvall circulation and let small pieces of cut up food hit their mouth, then they eat. Do not over do it, just a small belly bulge, let it go,down and then feed more.

Mine often swims constantly up the glass in a current, I think it is cigs they come from fast flowing water.
Have been trying that, still not eating... guess have to wait it out

I read constantly swimming up the glass is likely due to stress but It also depends on how the tank is setup.... mine swims against the current made by the wavemaker

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Some small Earth worms (from a place where pesticides have not been used for a long time) from a fishing bait shop on the end of some forceps are good, the wiggle attracts the fish to bite, as soon as it eats one add a different food so they recognise the forceps as food giving.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Is it a must to target Feed? Would prefer to throw the prawns in for all fishes at the same time..

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Is it a must to target Feed? Would prefer to throw the prawns in for all fishes at the same time..
Only to get him feeding and to make sure they get enough. Once it is settled and associates you with food I expect it will be fine but they are often known for not eating unless it touches their nose.'

Mine is settling and when hungry he swims around in his own length and his tenticles search about when food is in the water.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Yes mine is acting about the same as yours

Ok I shall try and hope it works...thanks

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Only to get him feeding and to make sure they get enough. Once it is settled and associates you with food I expect it will be fine but they are often known for not eating unless it touches their nose.'

Mine is settling and when hungry he swims around in his own length and his tenticles search about when food is in the water.
J Just Toby

Managed to get him feeding on earthworms.. Thanks for the advise

May I know how much you feed your tig?

Mine is 12" and he only ate 3 earthworms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store