New piranha with wolf fish

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
So I got this 5" piranha yesterday and I thought I would attempt to put him in with my 9" mala to see if just maybe they would leave eachother alone. (I know not the best idea, but it would be such an awesome combo.) image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg 12 hours later experiment over. Tank will be divided today as another tank is prepared. Has anyone on here ever tried wolf fish with piranha?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Don't be stupid.....take him out now.....

Piranhas can't cohab with any other fish period.....there are hundreds of veterans that have tried and will tell you it will not work..might work for a day ....a week but eventually u will have a dead fish........don't make a stupid rookie mistake bc your stuborn please remove the fish

Edit

Just saw at the bottom of the picture that u have removed it....good....please listen to those on here that have experience instead of doing so called experiments which we all know the outcomes too

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Don't be stupid.....take him out now.....

Piranhas can't cohab with any other fish period.....there are hundreds of veterans that have tried and will tell you it will not work..might work for a day ....a week but eventually u will have a dead fish........don't make a stupid rookie mistake bc your stuborn please remove the fish

Edit

Just saw at the bottom of the picture that u have removed it....good....please listen to those on here that have experience instead of doing so called experiments which we all know the outcomes too
Yeah you are right. They can both be happy now.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Wolfish eat piranha in the wild, or the opposite.
Yeah there is a video on YouTube that you may have seen where the wolf fish backs down piranha and burrows its tail in the sand. But that was in a river and not a tank. So yeah I moved the piranha out.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
You realize continously netting and trying ur little experiments stresses them out right?
Yeah my little experiments have had it netted twice. Once into the first tank and second to his new tank. He was never shy from the start like other rhoms I have kept. Not sure why but I'm glad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store