New polypterus delhezi!!

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Just had my first bad scare with them I came down stairs to do the first wc with them in the tank and could not find the smallest one I did not worry because something that stood out even after 2 days was that they will wedge them selves in any crack or crevasse they can find so I started looking (their is only 2 rocks and a piece of pvc he usually spends all day in the pvc;)) but he was nowhere to be found so I started to panic I know their is no way he could jump I sealed all the cracks in the lid with foam then I see him wedged between the screen and egg crate on the divider he did not seem alarmed or hurt but seemed to be smug or as smug as a fish can be and I could imagine he was thinking HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!! so after a while of dismantling and planing i got him out he then went to take a nap in his pvc pipe I love these creatures but was about ready to strangle him when he almost gave me a heart attack lol!!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It happens... Bichirs love their shenanigans

Reactions: twentyleagues

beau1990

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Just keep an eye out for nipped fins, polys have poor eyesight so it'll usually be an exploratory bite, trying to determine if what they found is food, and if it will fit. Its not aggression its exploration

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store