New Project new approach

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Hi

I have a new pond project I'm about to start, normally I would post updates daily etc. but as my last pond project took an eternity, I will be hopefully doing the lot in one post as it should take about a month or so to complete. Sorry to be negative but I hate to read projects that start then folk disappear without any explanation and the reader never gets closure, full story will be posted here, please bare with me

Reactions: BichirKing

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Everything got started and I have identified all the missing materials. all these have now been ordered, hopefully, a huge chunk of the work should be done and ready next weekend with a couple more week before I publish, thanks for waiting.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Been out for the last of the supplies today, I ran out of wood and needed a valve I thought I had somewhere, I may publish a 'where we are up to post' tomorrow and then just do a follow up post when it's done, I've got such a tight window to make this happen this year, Chemicals are ordered to sterilize the whole system.

Reactions: Dloks

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I simply haven't got time to write all this up in a day, please bare with me but I should have done a day to day post but here we go:

I've been trying to get a heated koi fry raising pond off the ground( to grow on fish for my main pond as a lot of my larger fish have died the last couple of years.

My Dad found this on eBay and bought it for me, that is the short version of the story, the long story (and I'll not bore you) it took 4 auctions(of the same thing) and 3 winning bids to finally get it here, but it is here and mostly complete:

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
So I need supplies to get the filter etc. connected, and a deck to build it on so back to ebay:

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
So this is where we are at, the tank is installed, bottom drain is connected, we got one outside frame done, ready for insulation, 3 more to do and the filter to connect, I have ordered potassium permanganate to clean the system as it's second hand and then a 50% water change and it's go time, I have a back of media pre-aging the main pond already, it's going to be about 10 days before I can do work and get it up and running:

bd1.jpg

is1.jpg

m1.jpg

t1.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
50 fry netted, they are only available for a short period of time so I may miss out, but that will give the time to add the shower I have planned for the other inlet next year

Reactions: BichirKing
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store