New set up

Ashfro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2019
Bangalore
I have a new tank of 800 litre and having 12 frontosas of blue Zaire and copperhead totally and I have 4 King Kong parrots and a eheim 1500xl filter

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Just a word of warning, for my experience Frontosa are a fairly non aggressive and slow moving species, and apt to be bullied by BPs, which are considered aggressive and territorial. My guess is, at some point in the future (probably at maturity) the BPs may destroy the fronts.

Reactions: tlindsey and Ashfro

Ashfro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2019
Bangalore
Just a word of warning, for my experience Frontosa are a fairly non aggressive and slow moving species, and apt to be bullied by BPs, which are considered aggressive and territorial. My guess is, at some point in the future (probably at maturity) the BPs may destroy the fronts.
What can I do to stop these aggressive bp in future

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
You can't keep certain fish from being aggressive, it is in their nature.
My solution over the years has been multiple tanks, and keeping apart cichlids that don't belong together.
Frontosa are from deep areas of Lake Tanganyika where completion is almost non existent, hence their mild mannered ways.
BPs are what they are......

Ashfro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2019
Bangalore
You can't keep certain fish from being aggressive, it is in their nature.
My solution over the years has been multiple tanks, and keeping apart cichlids that don't belong together.
Frontosa are from deep areas of Lake Tanganyika where completion is almost non existent, hence their mild mannered ways.
BPs are what they are......
I have oscars with African cichlid and south American cichlids and parrots they r doing well it's been 6 months

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
i have my parrots fighting with peacock bass, indo tigers. and snatching food from the jaws of my arowana

Reactions: Ashfro
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store