New setup advice for my lil man, pretty please

BobsBitchyBottom

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2021
130cm tank for fire and ice channa? I mean there’s nothing wrong, but it would look absolutely empty…
Nah man, he flutters around plenty. No space in the current tank I haven't seen him in.
The purpose of a bigger tank isn't decorative, it's to try and ensure optimal care for him and for him to thrive.

BobsBitchyBottom

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2021
noo actually i never test unless its a new tank were i wane put in fishes. My country has one of the cleanest water of the world,( i think) so i can just use tapwater. I do test water when a fish is sick or dies but the last time that happened was 2 years ago with a new fish i bought that died the day after.
I do waterchanges every week and water always looks good. Got a lot of plants and do change the filter every half year or something with charcoal. Maybe i should? but i feel like every tank will be fine, i dont really feel the need to test it since they all lowly stocked or have a massive filter system. Do you think i should test the tank?
You're obviously very proficient, and are keeping on top of things!
The tap water where I am is great too, but there are many variables once it's in the tank, so to improve and avoid nasty surprises, I test my tanks and log regularly no matter what.
There are always blind spots, you know?
But I haven't been doing this as long as you have, and only you can decide what helps you the do the best for your fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store