New Tank Setup Need Help!!!

Daniyaal Ali

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2017
Hey Guys,

I am trying to setup new tank for my home 6.5x3x3 LxHxW almost 470g of water. *Glass aquarium*

I want to add the following fish:

1x Silver Arowana
2x Blood Parrot Fish
1x Tiger Oscar
3x Mortoro Stingray
1x Pangasius Catfish
1x Flower Horn
5x Silver Dollar or Bala Shark

I want to know if these fish will go together and if yes are these too much for that size tank ?

Kindly help

P.S: I haven't bought any yet need to search than buy.

Thanks in advance

Jez1992

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
UK
Agree with above.

And that pangasius cat reaches up to 4ft in length, so not something suitable for any size tank unless your building a pond I'm afraid.

If you think I'm joking look at that:

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Hey Guys,

I am trying to setup new tank for my home 6.5x3x3 LxHxW almost 470g of water. *Glass aquarium*

I want to add the following fish:

1x Silver Arowana
2x Blood Parrot Fish
1x Tiger Oscar
3x Mortoro Stingray
1x Pangasius Catfish
1x Flower Horn
5x Silver Dollar or Bala Shark

I want to know if these fish will go together and if yes are these too much for that size tank ?

Kindly help

P.S: I haven't bought any yet need to search than buy.

Thanks in advance
Scrap the pangasuis cat. I owned one and it just demolished most of my stock in his grow out tank

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Daniyaal Ali

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2017
Not large enough footprint for stingrays, or even arowana.

Why bother 3' tall? Spend that extra money on a larger footprint, but shorter, tank. Fish don't really care about heigh.
Sorry I am a bit noob in these stuff. But what you mean to say that I make it 2ft in height and 4 ft in width? Kindly explain that footprint thing.. :( thanks brother

If that's the case I can got for 6.5x3x4 LxHxW because the sized I suggested was according to the space in my living room .. :p

Reactions: J. H.

Daniyaal Ali

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2017
Agree with above.

And that pangasius cat reaches up to 4ft in length, so not something suitable for any size tank unless your building a pond I'm afraid.

If you think I'm joking look at that:
Brother any alternative for pangasius ? Can I get Pacu ?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Rays and aro should work, Balas should be ok but you may encounter problems with them and the aro. Anything in the aros territory could be killed so upper 1/2 of tank depending on its attitude (the arro), or if its a meek aro they could cause it to bolt hurting itself or jumping out of tank. In reality arowana should be kept in a much larger tank if you are going to keep it with tank mates, or by itself. As stated above you need a different tank foot print and probably larger if you want to keep all that. Say more like 8'x3'x4'. Footprint = how much floor space the tank will occupy so in my description 8x4. The only part I disagree on is the height part with an arowana, they like the top part of the tank so depth is a concern. What do you want most of the fish? Pick your top 2 and we will see if it works with tank and mates.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store