New tank setup !!!!!!!!

Hdeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Syracuse
So i got myself a bigger tank today. :-D i no longer envy so-cals deal , because i found a 30 gallon on craigslist for ten dollars, Which turned out to be a 55 gallon for ten dollars with a woods stand :-D and a filter and like 50 pounds of substrate and a couple aquarium ornaments (that fit perfectly in with my desert like landscape :-D anyway it had a couple scratches on the tank but not to big of a deal. I also went to the dollar store a few hours later to pick up a stone halloween gargoyle decoration (it looks awesome in there too) along with a ceramic skull . anyway here is a panoramic picture of the tank completed. I used the water from the 30 gallon i had and just added some more so i didnt have to cycle the tank before i put the fish in . Now heres the fish i have (your all gonna think im crazy but most are proven to get along and the others are makin there own niche) 1 medium size oscar (new home soon at a friends house) 1 small dempsey, 1 small senegal bichir, 1 paradise gourami, 1 silver dollar, 1 rubber lip pleco, 1 female convict, 1 Gold Gourami 4 female guppies (there is now only 1 but they were meant to be food) :banhim:

Hdeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Syracuse
koop171;2086789; said:
Odd that you're praising your own work for the first reply??????

But nice pickup
lol i got to the third page without any responses so i bumped myself :-D i thought it was a great idea . yeah i can try and get some closer fish pics but my bichir got eaten by the oscar this morning. Im pissed. And the oscar is leaving today!!!

Hdeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Syracuse

oscar

gold gourami

dempsey

convict

Silver Dollar

bluehairman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
Green Bay
umm have to burst your bubble, but you do realize that water doesn't cycle the tank, right?:screwy:
filter media, decorations, and substrate do. thats what the bacteria grows on. not in the water.
i think your crazy for the dempsey and the oscar. from experience. just wait a lil while.

ps. that dempsey is about to be food.

good deal for 10$ though. what a find:WHOA:

Bethany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2007
Erie, PA
rad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store