Nexus Filter Build

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
This thread is to document my conversion of a Nexus 310 to 320.
This filter is made in the UK so don't confuse it with the Airbus A310 and A320. Recently, Airbus offered a re-engine of their airplanes called the NEO (New Engine Offer).
Nexus did the same by offering an upgrade kit to improve performance on the existing Nexus 310. Wow....similar company name (Nexus-Airbus) and similar model numbering (320-A320). Makes me wonder. Any Max 8 filters out there?
I will post progress as I go.

DSC_1278.jpg

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Wow looks high end what are you using it for the pond or the tanks

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
This thread is to document my conversion of a Nexus 310 to 320.
This filter is made in the UK so don't confuse it with the Airbus A310 and A320. Recently, Airbus offered a re-engine of their airplanes called the NEO (New Engine Offer).
Nexus did the same by offering an upgrade kit to improve performance on the existing Nexus 310. Wow....similar company name (Nexus-Airbus) and similar model numbering (320-A320). Makes me wonder. Any Max 8 filters out there?
I will post progress as I go.

View attachment 1369837
I looked this up online WOW! Top end! If I’m correct that metal cylinder contains the mechanical and the outside tub contains the k1 micro? Is this going to the Masheer pond?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Okay I understand how it works now man! Man are you gonna use it on your tank like a boss?

Reactions: Matteus

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
OVERVIEW of the Mechanical Filter

Water enters the chamber in a vortex style. It goes around and around the outer diameter of the stainless steel mechanical chamber. Heavy particles settle to the bottom. Incoming dirty water passes through the mechanical chamber filled with plastic media. The water is screened through the media and clean water drops down the center tube and into the biological chamber. The media in the mechanical chamber is static and does not tumble during normal operation. In the event that the mechanical filter is clogged, there is a 4" dia bypass pipe to give you indication of back pressure. This is an indication that backwashing required or if you are on vacation, it allows the water to return to the tank without overflowing the filter. This is genius. This pipe has a 90 degree elbow allowing you to adjust the back pressure.

nexus-320-cut-away-1400577222.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store