none overflow sump?

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
as the cannister gets dirty the flow is reduced. for some reason I was think h.o.b filter then plumbing it to the sump, but rereading your post I guess the rim is to thick for that.

Reactions: Jason98

Jason98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2019
Sheffield, UK
as the cannister gets dirty the flow is reduced. for some reason I was think h.o.b filter then plumbing it to the sump, but rereading your post I guess the rim is to thick for that.
It's got the euro style braising where it goes around the edge so I can't hang anything over the back. There's just enough room for the pipes of a canister

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
That's my only problem I can see with this idea. I have like a spill tray that's about 3inchs high that all my equipment sits in so if the sump was to overflow it would run into this tray. If I have the intake pipe close to the top then surely the siphon would eventaully stop when the water level drops and it draws air in? I know it would have probably overflowed by then but my tray would have caught the water so then I would only need to remove that water and clean my tray.

You could drill a hole on the intake pipe (inside the aquarium) somewhere below the water line and see if the gravity siphon breaks once the hole is above the waterline.

Reactions: Jason98

Jason98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2019
Sheffield, UK
You could drill a hole on the intake pipe (inside the aquarium) somewhere below the water line and see if the gravity siphon breaks once the hole is above the waterline.
I never thought of that idea. I think I might try and make a small version as a test and see what happens and if my dodgy idea doesn't work then I'll just add the canister? I would like to see if it works tho.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Simply build an pipeoverflow with some pvc. Then you can fit it exactly after your tank. Its built in an hour

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
this in not a good plan. it is a disaster waiting to happen. i would not do this in my house if you paid me, unless the tank is in the basement next to a floor drain then ok

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store