I crash at the K-Pg
Last edited:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Well done headbanger_jib headbanger_jib !!

I've also added one member who is now a quasi-mod able to sort minor problems as they pop up, such as that occasional strange thing that happens with double or triple posts at the top of a new page.
Do we get names?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Do we get names?
No.

The individuals who were granted these privileges are volunteers and not true members of the staff. I don't want their status to change their ability to enjoy the forum should they choose to set down this responsibility, which is something they are allowed to do. The extent of these member's authority is the privilege to handle pedantic administrative duties they notice and would report, and varies from volunteer to volunteer.

I will say, however, that the individuals afforded this opportunity are typically considered to be beyond reproach.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I one mod warning almost two years ago. Dammit I'm out of the question :duh:

If you need more volunteers you know where to find me :)

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thank you Chicxulub Chicxulub for cleaning up around here. There is too many newer members giving out advice, after seeing a you tube video, and for the most part the advice is usually correct, but they aren’t speaking from experience they are just repeating what they heard. This is dangerous because when the advice is flat out wrong how is the non member who is just visiting for the first time supposed to know that the member with 5000 post is full of it. I also agree that we need more active moderators in each sub forum.
+1 I've seen some awful advice in the cichlid and general aquarium discussion sections. It's normally over stocking or compatability. When you try your best to counter the piss poor advice, you end up in petty arguments.
I'm pleased Chicxulub Chicxulub has an eye on the situation.
Wow! I have been looking for this for some time. Im not all knowing, but I also dont pretend to be like those mentioned. I was greatly pushed away by all this "information" given out by people who dont know what they are saying. The problem arises when a visitor sees someone with 5k posts and thinks they are giving great information, when in reality its 5k posts of garbage.

So happy to see this, and start giving valuable information again :)
You're welcome folks. I hope this works. Remember the report function; this is a big ol' site, and the staff may not see everything that's happening. That's what it's there for.

Also, there's a big problem of people digging in when they're wrong on something.

Why?

Just admit it. He'll, I've gotten things wrong before. No one knows everything (except maybe Oddball Oddball ), so there's no shame in not batting 1.000 all season. This seems to be the key to most of the fights. Just admit the error, grow from it, and move forward.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store