Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks mate , we've got a lot of work to do but it'll be well worth it in the end for my family to live in and to make a few £ when we move on and upgrade :D

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Congrats!!! nothing better than owning your own home and a great investment.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks pops not quite as big as your place lol but its ours , and from an investment point of view its a great buy as all the people who buy to let pay way over the asking prices so they can charge over odds on rental , another property I bid on went for 10k over asking price :D

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I spent allot of years in a 1200sq house, and before that a condo we owned. 600sq ft. this over 30 years, you get there, : )

Reactions: Evz jardini

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
funny, the condo we bought for 86k, I looked back a few months ago to see sale price now, 360k, crazy.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
that depends how you look at it, you are earning equity,

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
funny, the condo we bought for 86k, I looked back a few months ago to see sale price now, 360k, crazy.
Sounds similar to property in my area , my parents bought there house 38 yr ago at £9k (it was a wreck though ) its now worth £500k insane inflation :eek:

I've done OK on mine got it for 120k its prob worth £145k as it is now once I put a third bed in loft and extend the kitchen i'll be looking at 180k ish , the previous owner paid £130k for it in 05.
Theres a bit of a story behind it , basically the previous owner lost it to his mortgage lender as he faulted on payments , our new letting agent gave us an 8wk eviction notice so the house could be sold , that came and went as we couldn't find anywhere else in that time so they gave us a court date (nice of them:mad: an extension on rent would have helped untill we found somewhere) so I managed to find the new owners contact details of land register and threw them a cheeky offer , that was declined so I threw them a more realistic one that was ignored , once the court was agurned as we owned no rent they got back to me and excepted my second offer :D
It has been a nightmare as finding a mortgage lender in UK these days is hard too , were both self employed so its high risk for lending from banks , had to find myself an independent lender that didn't mind the "hot books" I produced ;):D
But I'm on the property ladder now so its onwards and upwards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store