Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Needs some influence from outside, I would think your way could lead to bias.
Hello; I have noted that you try to be neutral about this subject and also try not to get drawn in to these forum discussions. You label it potential bias if instruction is left to parents. So be it. That forces in our various societies are trying to mainstream these alternate lifestyles is clear. What I see in going after very young children is trying to push an agenda on impressionable young minds. My guess is the hope being that such exposure at a young age will make these wrong minded attitudes stick. What arrogance to try to alter the opinion of children on a deviant lifestyle.
I've never agreed with it my entire life. I've always looked the other way until the last few years when they are trying to force it on everyone.
Hello; Yes this is the case for me as well. I have worked jobs alongside ( not sure what name to use that will not be altered by the computer nanny) with no problems. I did not make a big deal out of my being normal and they kept what they did to themselves. We got along. Not so sure how I would react to someone trying to rub my nose in their lifestyle.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
LOL at computer nanny.....and I agree with everythng that you have stated in your post skj.

Reactions: skjl47

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; This forum was either the first or among the very first such that I had tried to use. I regret my choice of username to a degree as it is a nonsense word. I was not familiar with how these things went. To all feel free to use jeff if you wish. I have been called much worse.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Needs some influence from outside, I would think your way could lead to bias.

Why not? The weirder stuff definitely not. We did it @11 here...
Then wouldnt you call what the school system is doing as bias ?

Tbh its a parents right to raise their kids how they see fit not the school system. Teach them how to read and write, science and history but not how to think or what to accept...certain things.

What happens when a child doesnt accept it ? They get an F ?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
sorry SK you stuck with SK far as I am concerned. :)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Yes I see such a school based instruction as biased and beyond the scope of a school.

its a parents right to raise their kids how they see fit not the school system.
Hello; Unfortunately the influence of a parent can wane as a child gets older. I think it is important to spend time with kids when ever possible. Outside society will pull them away soon enough. Gangs being another serious problem.

hello ; I have no idea on that.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hello; I have noted that you try to be neutral about this subject and also try not to get drawn in to these forum discussions. You label it potential bias if instruction is left to parents. So be it. That forces in our various societies are trying to mainstream these alternate lifestyles is clear. What I see in going after very young children is trying to push an agenda on impressionable young minds. My guess is the hope being that such exposure at a young age will make these wrong minded attitudes stick. What arrogance to try to alter the opinion of children on a deviant lifestyle
Understandable, unfortunately it's too early to let them make an informed opinion. I only really started hearing of the whole thing recently and have made my own opinion without my parents, I saw it in news articles and so on. I don't really mind it but pushing it in peoples faces is certainly not a good idea regardless! I must agree on that

Tbh its a parents right to raise their kids how they see fit not the school system. Teach them how to read and write, science and history but not how to think or what to accept...certain things.

It's also some bias, but when you see it from various places you can create your own opinion on the topic, what they accept shouldn't only be the school or the media or the parents.

We were never tested on anything, apart from the biology of reproduction on a cellular level.

Maybe it's just me but I see nothing wrong with it as long as the agenda isn't shoved down peoples throats. I don't really care who people love, one of my friends is 'different' herself. So what:confused:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Understandable, unfortunately it's too early to let them make an informed opinion. I only really started hearing of the whole thing recently and have made my own opinion without my parents, I saw it in news articles and so on. I don't really mind it but pushing it in peoples faces is certainly not a good idea regardless! I must agree on that

It's also some bias, but when you see it from various places you can create your own opinion on the topic, what they accept shouldn't only be the school or the media or the parents.

We were never tested on anything, apart from the biology of reproduction on a cellular level.

Maybe it's just me but I see nothing wrong with it as long as the agenda isn't shoved down peoples throats. I don't really care who people love, one of my friends is 'different' herself. So what:confused:
Thats the issue though a 2 yr old eventually becomes 3, 4,5 ,6 and so on by this time they would have been conditioned by the school. Which woukd be biased.

Picture this you and mrs hendre have a baby at 2 yrs old i want the baby to start learning how to be anti LGBT how would that make you feel

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store