Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
criminals, here illegally and caught? Gone.
hello; By a strict definition anyone in the country illegally is a criminal, even children. I guess I get the distinction that some are not breaking additional local, state or federal laws. Call them "super criminals."
Fine do a strong effort to actively get the "super criminals" out first, then get the other criminals out as authorities happen to run across them. Traffic stops, fake SS cards, domestic disputes and anything else that brings them into notice by the authorities.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; Even tho I see a value in what you say, I also see some problems. One is that the younger children will be put into public schools at public expense.

Another is parts of health care cost to the public cannot be avoided. A trip to an emergency room for example. However an illegal should not be on any sort of general health insurance plan.
Right i dont have the answers thats why i find it difficult to take a strong stance on wether ALL should go or not.

Definitely needs to be handled. And I agree with the criminals, here illegally and caught? Gone. The rest of it isn't as easy as some people think it is though, especially once the minor children get involved.
There very well could be unintended issues with this. Just thoughts but i would imagine the cost of homes would rise. My home was built by an american company but other than supervisors all of the workers from the various trades were mexican (most likely here illegally) Irrigarion system was the same american company/supervisors but mexican. I wonder how much more it would cost if the employees were american or paid union wages. Sure it would mean a job and income for an american family but would my family be able to afford these things ?

Definitly selfish and hypocritical but these are the issues i struggle with on taking a stance.

I fully support trump and respect the fact that he has the guts to tackle such an important issue. Wether he gets anything done remains to be seen as the slimy established reps seem to be the big issue

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
hello; By a strict definition anyone in the country illegally is a criminal, even children. I guess I get the distinction that some are not breaking additional local, state or federal laws. Call them "super criminals."
Fine do a strong effort to actively get the "super criminals" out first, then get the other criminals out as authorities happen to run across them. Traffic stops, fake SS cards, domestic disputes and anything else that brings them into notice by the authorities.
Yes, this is what I meant. They need a place to start, and starting with people they already have in custody is easy. Starting with the violent criminals is also much easier to sell PR wise.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
There very well could be unintended issues with this. Just thoughts but i would imagine the cost of homes would rise. My home was built by an american company but other than supervisors all of the workers from the various trades were mexican (most likely here illegally) Irrigarion system was the same american company/supervisors but mexican. I wonder how much more it would cost if the employees were american or paid union wages. Sure it would mean a job and income for an american family but would my family be able to afford these things ?

Definitly selfish and hypocritical but these are the issues i struggle with on taking a stance.

I fully support trump and respect the fact that he has the guts to tackle such an important issue. Wether he gets anything done remains to be seen as the slimy established reps seem to be the big issue
Who we vote for is usually selfish though, when it comes down to it. How will the person/party pass laws that affect me, my family. That is usually most people's first thought, not how it helps someone across the country. It's natural and honestly, don't see anything wrong with it.

And true, lots of prices will hike if say suddenly, magically, all the illegals got deported. Food, construction costs, and many many more would be affected. That price will just about triple or more anytime it's something with a union involved sadly.

Luckily the executive order he passed that I dislike the most won't have an effect here, unless suddenly this state reopens it's coal mines.

Reactions: jaws7777

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
hello; A simple answer, tho perhaps not a best answer, is to let the illegal parents decide about the children. The parents made the decision to sneak in, let them decide what is best for their kids.

Hello; Yes, and again the parents made a decision to break the law. The parents themselves created the mess. The laws have been in place a long time. As far as I am concerned the parents own the mess. If they can work out a way for the citizen kids to stay in the country, so be it. If not, take their children with them.

Hello; I follow the logic on us having to pay for the care of minor children who happen to be left behind. To me that should be a last resort in the process. Let the parents work out some sort of stable life for the children they leave behind if that can. If the parents cannot or will not work out a place for their children to stay then they make a choice of either take them with them or abandon the children. By the way the children will be citizens and can come back when they reach majority age.
The abandoned children likely will go into a system and may be adopted because as far as I am concerned the parents should lose their rights as parents.
Thank you for taking the tie to share your perspective and ideas. That is a possible course of action to the orphan problem we could face.

Imsobored152

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Palm Bay, Fl
Saw this funny commercial on facebook for breast cancer awareness.
Since there isnt anything to see, it should comply with the tos, but if someone disagrees, please remove.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have so many questions

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island