Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
small but increasingly demanding section of the U.S. military can't be very happy
Hello; The ban makes sense to me. A portion of the statement I have head so far cites additional expense. Not sure what the extra expense may be exactly just yet but have a guess.
A while ago there was a fellow (Manning maybe but I am not sure of the name) who while in the military leaked some classified stuff. He was in prison for the leak and I think had a gender change. My guess is that the government must have picked up the tab for that. I do not know why the government would pay for such a thing if in fact the government actually did pay.

The cost for such elective medical procedures aside, there is the possible issue of the mental state of someone who is in such strong conflict with the natural biological state they were born as. I guess some will not see this as a problem the same way I do, but I am confident they will be tolerant of my viewpoint.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; The ban makes sense to me. A portion of the statement I have head so far cites additional expense. Not sure what the extra expense may be exactly just yet but have a guess.
A while ago there was a fellow (Manning maybe but I am not sure of the name) who while in the military leaked some classified stuff. He was in prison for the leak and I think had a gender change. My guess is that the government must have picked up the tab for that. I do not know why the government would pay for such a thing if in fact the government actually did pay.

The cost for such elective medical procedures aside, there is the possible issue of the mental state of someone who is in such strong conflict with the natural biological state they were born as. I guess some will not see this as a problem the same way I do, but I am confident they will be tolerant of my viewpoint.
People have been banned from the military for a whole lot less,gender reassignment is not a hernia repair.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
People have been banned from the military for a whole lot less,gender reassignment is not a hernia repair.
Hello; Just read an article. The additional cost in that article is estimated to be from 2.4 to 8.4 million bucks per year. My guess is that estimate may be low as the author used the gambit of comparing this cost to the entire military budget and stating how small it is by comparison. Two to eight million dollars is still plenty of money in my book.

The article also played down the numbers who might get change operations and thus not be available for deployment. I get that normal men and women can get sick and miss work (deployment) but change surgery is elective is it not?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; Just read an article. The additional cost in that article is estimated to be from 2.4 to 8.4 million bucks per year. My guess is that estimate may be low as the author used the gambit of comparing this cost to the entire military budget and stating how small it is by comparison. Two to eight million dollars is still plenty of money in my book.

The article also played down the numbers who might get change operations and thus not be available for deployment. I get that normal men and women can get sick and miss work (deployment) but change surgery is elective is it not?
When someone gets arrested and at the time are going through the process of "changing" the penal system then covers the costs while they are incarcerated....amazing aint it

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
its crap, and tranc folk have no place in the military IMHO. Its a distraction, the sexual harassment bills will go through the roof from law suits, its just bad ideal, now they want to open a new branch of the military just for them, I am fine with that, they can bunk together train together shop together and fight together.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
going through the process of "changing" the penal system then covers the costs while they are incarcerated
Hello; This makes no sense to me. Why should the penal system cover such medical procedures? They made it the way they were before getting put into the system, let them stay that way until they can pay for their own change.

I can see medical care for prisoners for things that have to do with basic health, but not for trans operations or for a facelift or a tummy tuck. It's prison, they are there to pay for their crime with the loss of freedom for a time. Keep them alive but not do the elective stuff.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island

Let's not forget that the ban had already been effect for years....well,until June of last year when Hussein set things into motion to lift the ban and begin accepting the gender confused by July 21,2017.
Two things I wonder about,Why did Hussein set such a far off date and why did this current administration wait so long in stopping his order?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
well,until June of last year when Hussein set things into motion to lift the ban and begin accepting the gender confused
hello; reminds me of a joke. J. F. Kennedy put a man on the moon and H. B. Obama put a man in the girls bathroom. I guess that joke can be added to now. I like the gender confused label. Can you picture what a drill instructor at boot camp could add to his/her verbal assault with the "gender confused" in front of them?

Why did Hussein set such a far off date
Hello; My guess being he knew he would be out of office by then. A little executive order delayed booby trap.

why did this current administration wait so long in stopping his order?
Hello; I do not know.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
hello; reminds me of a joke. J. F. Kennedy put a man on the moon and H. B. Obama put a man in the girls bathroom. I guess that joke can be added to now. I like the gender confused label. Can you picture what a drill instructor at boot camp could add to his/her verbal assault with the "gender confused" in front of them?

Hello; My guess being he knew he would be out of office by then. A little executive order delayed booby trap.

Hello; I do not know.
Haha....good one,put a man in the girl's bathroom....and I can imagine drill instructors of today's military being on a much shorter leash in terms of their verbiage for fear of hurting someone's feelings and being sued for bias.
It just occurred to me that since everyone pretty much expected Shillary to win the WH,Hussein included,his move was either a final F Y to her or it could be that she would not be opposed to such a move anyhow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store