Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
tera byte, you will never use half of it, more than likes allot less than that. graph card, chip and internal memory have allot to do with your pc speed and abilities. hard drive these days are not that big an issue. they all big and they all fast enof again long as you have the internal memory, IE DDR3 or better, gig or better sticks.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I use to build my own pc,s , lol, just rebuilt the wife's Monday.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
so as i think about it the question you need to ask this guy offering a fast pc is, whats the graphic card, whats the memory, not the hard drive the eternal memory, the processor, and allot of folks do not to think to ask what watts is the power supply. good graphics card eats power and needs a power supply that can support it.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and if you are just browsing the internet, watching net flix and youtube, pretty much any pc handle that with out a problem these days,

gaming, cad programs, video processing are things that you need higher end pc for.
not just for watching movies and and surfing the net.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
gig or better sticks
Hello; I don't know what sticks are.

IE DDR3 or better
Hello; I don't know what sticks or IE DDR3 are. I will look those up.

internal memory
Hello; Think I know about this.

graph card,
Hello; I don't play games or watch movies. I do watch you tube when I need to check how to do a job on a car/truck. So smaller graphic card should do.

Hello; I will check but the chip is intel and more than a 4 quad I think.

internal memory
the processor
what watts is the power supply.
hello; I will check on these.

gaming, cad programs, video processing are things that you need higher end pc for
Hello; I do none of these things. I am interested in the solid state HD because it does not have moving parts. The HD on the laptop that died was about ten years old and I was told the moving parts likely failed.
Hello; Thanks pops. I did not know what to ask.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
internal memory, memory stick, other wise known as ram. random access memory, your pc loads into these for programs,

ask him how much ram it has and what kind of ram. it comes in sticks, or bars that fit into slots on your mother board on a desk top pc.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
tip pick of a ram stick.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I like desk tops because all components are easy to upgrade or replace, lap tops err they are a pain to work on, and i like a large monitor on my pc desk, a key board on the pull out tray, a full size key board, and the pc itself sits under the desk out of my way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store