Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
One of my LFS closed down. I drove by it the other day and it's emptied out. Searched online it says permanently closed. It's the Fish Gallary...cool place...cheap fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
One of my LFS closed down. I drove by it the other day and it's emptied out. Searched online it says permanently closed. It's the Fish Gallary...cool place...cheap fish.
That's a bummer.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Just read an article that caught my eye as I was public school teacher. Seems a student beat up a teacher near Battle Creek Michigan.
Story played out much like events had for me back in the day. A student who has no interest at all in an education and spends energy being a problem and ignoring the rules. Cursed the teacher which happened to me several times. I had some call me vulgar names to my face.

The student pled guilty to the assault, which is not the part I noted. Seems the school system found a way to blame the teacher for being assaulted because the teacher verbally chided the student for his behavior ( and not is a vulgar way).

Here is a link

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...lt-by-student/ar-BBGNyfT?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; Just read an article that caught my eye as I was public school teacher. Seems a student beat up a teacher near Battle Creek Michigan.
Story played out much like events had for me back in the day. A student who has no interest at all in an education and spends energy being a problem and ignoring the rules. Cursed the teacher which happened to me several times. I had some call me vulgar names to my face.

The student pled guilty to the assault, which is not the part I noted. Seems the school system found a way to blame the teacher for being assaulted because the teacher verbally chided the student for his behavior ( and not is a vulgar way).

Here is a link

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...lt-by-student/ar-BBGNyfT?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp
Bet I know which political party dominates the running of that town.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just heard that some politician in Chicago has come up with the brilliant idea of bringing in United Nations Peacekeepers to deal with the "Genocide" due to crime and violence that is going on in the city.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,send in the bluehats so they can get all shot to pieces by the gangbangers....not like they have accomplished a whole lot in other parts of the world.

Reactions: ermgravy and skjl47

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
Yeah,send in the bluehats so they can get all shot to pieces by the gangbangers....not like they have accomplished a whole lot in other parts of the world.
full on, proven track record i cant imagine to what it is you speak lol :confused:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
So check this out guys. What do you think of this hippy policy.

My son comes home from school all upset. Says he got written up for touching another kid. They have this hands off policy at his school so im figuring it was some pushing or horsing around. He tells us it was for playing tag during recess. Wife spoke to the teacher and found out it was true ! Wtf tag !!!! The teacher said she disagree but its the principals policy.

What happens to these kids when they age a little and someone pats them on the back....they freak out since touching is forbidden.

They aslso cant run during recess they can walk fast. Out if fear that someone will get hurt. Mind you the entire playgroud is padded. Im really getting sick of what we are becoming.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nearly everyday I hear of some new nonsense being implemented at the schools.The parents must band together push back and fight to put a stop to it or things will just get worse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store