Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
So check this out guys. What do you think of this hippy policy.

My son comes home from school all upset. Says he got written up for touching another kid. They have this hands off policy at his school so im figuring it was some pushing or horsing around. He tells us it was for playing tag during recess. Wife spoke to the teacher and found out it was true ! Wtf tag !!!! The teacher said she disagree but its the principals policy.

What happens to these kids when they age a little and someone pats them on the back....they freak out since touching is forbidden.

They aslso cant run during recess they can walk fast. Out if fear that someone will get hurt. Mind you the entire playgroud is padded. Im really getting sick of what we are becoming.
I fear the day my son and daughter start school because who knows how bad it will be in 4 years. This is why people are growing up to be so soft. They have to ask for permission to do anything. No one can just live their lives and have fun. I simply can't wrap my head around the thought process behind implementing these rules. let kids live have fun and get hurt. That's why everyone needs a safe space now because they are taught from a young age that bad things are never allowed to happen to them.

I guess my job as a parent will be a little harder but I will do what I have to do to ensure my children are capable of handling all the things life has to offer not just the sprinkles and rainbows.

Anyway, I still remember thinking it was stupid we were only allowed to play two hand tag football on the playground and not full contact :D:D:eek:

Reactions: jaws7777

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
My daughter is 8 and we don't let her out of our sight(outside the house). When I was her age I walked 2 miles to a local 7-11 all the time. Used to play in the woods. Walked to school in the snow. Heck, I walked a mile to my 1st grade school everyday by myself.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yea, that's where I got all my fish for the last years
I know the feeling that you must have about it as the best shop in our closed down a few years ago.Iwas going to ask if it was one of your favorite shops.

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
I actually get some cool fish from the wild! Almost everyone in my family has a creek nearby! I've found aquatic grasses, ludwigia, creek chub, minnows, baby trout, crawfish, many different snail species, many MANY salamander species, including larva and other stuff. On another topic, THEY FINALLY REPEALED OBAMACARE! Everyone is calling this a bad year for trump, and if it is, I wanna see what a good year looks like.:D

Reactions: FMA4ME

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
tax reform went in or appears it will, I am one that does not have a state tax so looking for that extra 2k a year in my pay.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I fear the day my son and daughter start school because who knows how bad it will be in 4 years. This is why people are growing up to be so soft. They have to ask for permission to do anything. No one can just live their lives and have fun. I simply can't wrap my head around the thought process behind implementing these rules. let kids live have fun and get hurt. That's why everyone needs a safe space now because they are taught from a young age that bad things are never allowed to happen to them.

I guess my job as a parent will be a little harder but I will do what I have to do to ensure my children are capable of handling all the things life has to offer not just the sprinkles and rainbows.

Anyway, I still remember thinking it was stupid we were only allowed to play two hand tag football on the playground and not full contact :D:D:eek:

Yup it tough man. My wife found out that starting next yr girls in highschool will be allowed to request birth control pills from the school nurse without parent permission this is sickening man on soo many levels
My daughter is 8 and we don't let her out of our sight(outside the house). When I was her age I walked 2 miles to a local 7-11 all the time. Used to play in the woods. Walked to school in the snow. Heck, I walked a mile to my 1st grade school everyday by myself.
Im guilty of the same. We live in a geeat neighborhood most people dont lock their doors but i still dont let my kids playoutside unless im outside with them

Reactions: DRteugelsi

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I went to the lake to test the ice for fishing and I got a pretty cool picture with the help of a Snapchat filter7ACFF03C-EDE4-402C-8C1B-78D50DB71AFD.jpeg

Reactions: FMA4ME and jaws7777

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I actually get some cool fish from the wild! Almost everyone in my family has a creek nearby! I've found aquatic grasses, ludwigia, creek chub, minnows, baby trout, crawfish, many different snail species, many MANY salamander species, including larva and other stuff. On another topic, THEY FINALLY REPEALED OBAMACARE! Everyone is calling this a bad year for trump, and if it is, I wanna see what a good year looks like.:D
Was not repealed, just the tax requiring you to purchase insurance or get it through your employer. The objective is to kill Obamacare obviously.

Reactions: Drstrangelove

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Was not repealed, just the tax requiring you to purchase insurance or get it through your employer. The objective is to kill Obamacare obviously.
My neighbor was telling me from what he knows the tax bill is garbage. He heard the deduction on our mortgage interest is being capped at 10k and there is no child deductions....true ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store