Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Interesting, but the method "proprietary algorithm" is not very confidence inspiring.
Hello; I get that many of the projected numbers are very depressing. The two which top my list of unpleasantness are the number of people that are estimated to die of starvation each day and the number without access to decent water.
I would enjoy having a reason to be able to dismiss the whole thing.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Let me add the loss of topsoil to that list. I think that one may be at least be in the ball park as that use to be one item I spouted off on during portions of my science classes. I do not recall the exact number I used. It was a comparison of how long natural processes took to build up an inch of topsoil compared to how quickly our industrial farming practices take to wear away that inch. This one tops global warming by a long way in my estimation.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hello; Just want to relate the tale of three boneheads I saw today at the local Kroger. The first two were at the gas pumps. They were in two of the fuel bays putting gasoline into containers. The containers were in the bed of pickups and not on the ground. For those who may not know you should place a portable fuel can on the ground before adding gasoline. This is to help avoid a static charge which had been known to set off the gas.
I got out of my truck and pointed this out only to see them continue with what they were doing. One saying the cans are too heavy to lift back in the truck. The other made no comment, just gave that universal look stupid folks get when confronted with information that conflicts with a practice they do because it is easier.
We all who were at the fuel station were very lucky that it is a damp and rainy day here. Much less chance of a static buildup on a high humidity day. Dry winter days are the more dangerous. I always touch the metal frame of the gas pump before fueling during the winter. By static charge I mean the zap you can get when sliding across a seat often in the winter.

The other idiot was driving way too fast in the lane nearest and running in front of the Kroger store. A fellow in a pickup was driving slowly and starting to turn left into one of the parking lanes. The idiot decided to pass the pickup on the left and I nearly got to see a collision. The idiot made it and kept on going at a too high speed on thru the parking lot and beyond.
I have seen people smoke and pump gas, I think people are getting stupider, yesterday I saw a sign advertising the "flat earth theory" I put these idiots in the same category as people who don't believe in god, global warming and people who think we can support an indefinitely increasing population.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hello; Let me add the loss of topsoil to that list. I think that one may be at least be in the ball park as that use to be one item I spouted off on during portions of my science classes. I do not recall the exact number I used. It was a comparison of how long natural processes took to build up an inch of topsoil compared to how quickly our industrial farming practices take to wear away that inch. This one tops global warming by a long way in my estimation.
No kidding, you see a lot of land degradation these days, for example in some areas of the west you used to be able to grow 20 cows an acre, but now it supports less than one cow a acre, and then some dumb rancher will argue with me and claim it's the same as it ever was (idiots will usually use this argument in many conversations).

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
So apparently there's been a double man lion attack in California, one fatality, the lion was shot and only weighed a 100 lbs (skinny for an adult male).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So apparently there's been a double man lion attack in California, one fatality, the lion was shot and only weighed a 100 lbs (skinny for an adult male).
We were discussing this on another forum,it seems that the mountain lion attacked two cyclists.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
We were discussing this on another forum,it seems that the mountain lion attacked two cyclists.
They almost always go for cyclist, perhaps because the clicking sound a bike makes is similar to that of a arthritic deers legs(you can also hear that sound in some old horses).

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
With big cat attacks a long knife is usually more effective than a gun because most of the time the attacks are surprise attacks from behind, and it's easier to stab than to shoot in these scenarios

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store