Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
With big cat attacks a long knife is usually more effective than a gun because most of the time the attacks are surprise attacks from behind, and it's easier to stab than to shoot in these scenarios
That certainly sounds like it makes sense. You seem to have knowledge on a wide range of subjects.I can usually count on you for interesting insights.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
That certainly sounds like it makes sense. You seem to have knowledge on a wide range of subjects.I can usually count on you for interesting insights.
Thank you, and I enjoy your subjects as well,always interesting.

But here's another stupid thing about society: more women are trying to get pregnant than ever,yet the world is already over carrying capacity, so how do you think the population is going to go down, when it finally hits the ceiling ?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
So apparently there's been a double man lion attack in California, one fatality, the lion was shot and only weighed a 100 lbs (skinny for an adult male).
that was not cali but north bend WA where I work.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
specifically, tiger/cougar mountain area. They have that name for a reason. its the first cougar killing in a little over 80 years.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
specifically, tiger/cougar mountain area. They have that name for a reason. its the first cougar killing in a little over 80 years.
Yeah they usually aren't into killing people, but they'll follow you out of curiosity, I wonder what's wrong with this cougar?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I will keep my glock with with me just the same. but of coarse I am a knife carrier also.
this cat did not follow the norm, stand tall and yell they will in 99.9 % percent of time split. run away. you do not run, then you become a chew toy like your house cat playing with a toy with you. and they did that and it ran off into the bushes, and one point swinging a bike at it. After it left they where talking about it and it circled back and jumped them, the first guy bit on the head and a few other places, his friend ran into the bushes and the cat left the first guy to hunt down the guy running. After that the first rode his bike to get phone reception and help but by the time they got to him it was to late, they found the cat standing on the guy, he was dead. they killed the cat when it tree,d itself.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I will keep my glock with with me just the same. but of coarse I am a knife carrier also.
this cat did not follow the norm, stand tall and yell they will in 99.9 % percent of time split. run away. you do not run, then you become a chew toy like your house cat playing with a toy with you. and they did that and it ran off into the bushes, and one point swinging a bike at it. After it left they where talking about it and it circled back and jumped them, the first guy bit on the head and a few other places, his friend ran into the bushes and the cat left the first guy to hunt down the guy running. After that the first rode his bike to get phone reception and help but by the time they got to him it was to late, they found the cat standing on the guy, he was dead. they killed the cat when it tree,d itself.
This cat sounded very ill and desperate, I expect it either had rabies or similar or it had some sort of major dental /jaw problem.

As far as defense goes a big fixed blade knife will keep you alive, .40 likely won't do much when a ml charges you, go for a larger caliber in this case, a .40 sw will kill it, but by that time you may not live to see it, .44 mag or bigger works well, because it causes a big drop in blood pressure (generally the cause of death in animals when shot).
Even tho a mountain lion isn't a huge animal you still want the stopping power.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I agree, its all about the vascular DMG, I hate the .44 mag. just to big to handle well, on the upside on the .40 cal I run 180 grain defender hollow points. bit snappy but when they flower you got some mean vascular DMG and they will crack a scull.

not looking into a ballistic debate as folks like what they use and all can be sited for their ups and downs.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I agree, its all about the vascular DMG, I hate the .44 mag. just to big to handle well, on the upside on the .40 cal I run 180 grain defender hollow points. bit snappy but when they flower you got some mean vascular DMG and they will crack a scull.

not looking into a ballistic debate as folks like what they use and all can be sited for their ups and downs.
No kidding.

Here's something funny that I just remembered: knew several people who have found .45 cap shells just beneath the skin of bears they killed, makes you wonder what happened to the guy who fired them.
(Could make a great story).

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thank you, and I enjoy your subjects as well,always interesting.

But here's another stupid thing about society: more women are trying to get pregnant than ever,yet the world is already over carrying capacity, so how do you think the population is going to go down, when it finally hits the ceiling ?

Yaaaaaaawn.... Boringly polite.

Lol joking. Yeah vipers grown on me too. Don't want him to get a big head now ;)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store