Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Sleep is weird. I find my sleep is best on a schedule, but now while I'm on break it's all over.

We're having a storm today, it's already grey and windy outside

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Some idiots still haven't quit celebrating. I have heard firecrackers going off every night for a week.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
A few points i'd like to make regarding this picture.

1. The driver of the vehicle, the father, should have ensured before the journey started that Sally was wearing a seat belt. . . .
They didn't come around for another ten years after that style of car was built. I own one. I put the belts in myself. ;)

Reactions: deeda

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
We just get some squirrel and occassional opossum.
I’ve seen deer, cats, rabbits, once saw a pure white rabbit that ran away when I tried to catch it, turtles, frogs, lizards, snakes, and I even found two large dead raccoons in the pool once. I forgot to mention armadillos a few times were in our yard.

Reactions: Ulu

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nothing beats the lions ;)

But in all honesty on the farms I have seen Jackals, Guineafowl, Rinkhals (spitting cobra), scorpions, Agama lizards (think bearded dragon type), Porcupines and a decent sized monitor. They have also had warthogs, caracals and often encounter puff adders, their one dog recently died fighting with one. The farms are a wild land

Luke tomkinson

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2019
In an arapaima
www.youtube.com
Nothing beats the lions ;)

But in all honesty on the farms I have seen Jackals, Guineafowl, Rinkhals (spitting cobra), scorpions, Agama lizards (think bearded dragon type), Porcupines and a decent sized monitor. They have also had warthogs, caracals and often encounter puff adders, their one dog recently died fighting with one. The farms are a wild land
wow the biodiversity in Africa is incredible lol

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Even when I was a kid with a bicycle hunting in the deserts I never saw too much game.

Crows, toads, snakes and large spiders were common. Sometimes I saw a desert hare (a Jack rabbit) But never a bunny. Sometimes you would see a coyote far off but you could never get close, and my kiddie gun was only good for about 50 yards.

I never saw any large game and even scorpions seem to be rare. But we were not that far off the beaten path.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store