Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I have been to Olive Garden here at least 6 times. I have been to three different Olive Gardens in three different cities and I was disappointed every time in some substantial way.

I’ve been cooking for 50 years now. I’m not usually impressed by cooking when I eat out but it happens once in a while. I normally can’t afford to eat at those restaurants.

For some reason it’s very difficult to succeed in the restaurant business, and they say most restaurants fail within the first year. In my mind there’s not enough competition for quality food, because high-volume cheap food is so popular.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I have been to Olive Garden here at least 6 times. I have been to three different Olive Gardens in three different cities and I was disappointed every time in some substantial way.

I’ve been cooking for 50 years now. I’m not usually impressed by cooking when I eat out but it happens once in a while. I normally can’t afford to eat at those restaurants.

For some reason it’s very difficult to succeed in the restaurant business, and they say most restaurants fail within the first year. In my mind there’s not enough competition for quality food, because high-volume cheap food is so popular.
Hello; My favorite restaurant has been Carrabba's for some time. I had not been in many months due to the pandemic. My run around friends had not been getting out. This past summer I ate there but my favorite dish was not as good as before the covid.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I can't believe this stupid mask mandate is back. I hate it.
Yep,and it is on steroids thanks to the arrival of the decepticon omicron!

Last edited:

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
It stinks!

I was dissapointed by Olive Garden. The breadsticks had no seasoning and tasted bland. The shrimp scampi I got had way too much lemon.

My favorite place is a nearby Poki place, which is a real bang for your buck. Doesn't cost nearly as much as sushi, and is in very large portions! One of my least favorite foods is burgers because of the fast-food places. All the places I've been too make burgers with more grease than meat. 1 burger every 2 months and thats enough for me!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; been having a spirited discussion on a different forum about the pandemic and sometimes global warming. Just over 600 pages so far. I am not commenting much on omicron just yet. Too early and not solid info. I do hope it follows the pattern of virus new to a host of decades past in becoming easy to catch but makes up less ill.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It stinks!

I was dissapointed by Olive Garden. The breadsticks had no seasoning and tasted bland. The shrimp scampi I got had way too much lemon.

My favorite place is a nearby Poki place, which is a real bang for your buck. Doesn't cost nearly as much as sushi, and is in very large portions! One of my least favorite foods is burgers because of the fast-food places. All the places I've been too make burgers with more grease than meat. 1 burger every 2 months and thats enough for me!
I don't really care for all the appetizer type stuff anyhow.Honestly,a place can keep their breadsticks,salad and whatnot as it is just filler and I don't want to be full before I get my meal.I don't mind a small bowl of some flavorful soup however.Like I said I'm not even a big fan of restaurants to start with,I find the whole experience to be mildly annoying.
We go to Olive Garden because the wife has loved their food for years and I can't remember the last time we've even dined in thanks to curbside carry out.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
1639864991414.png

Hello; Looks like reported cases are up. However reported deaths are still trending down. I like that deaths are down.

1639865057101.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store