Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Whelp!......no more Boy Scouts of America.
Hello; Saw a headline about this crud. Do not know the details. I was a Boy Scout and later an Eagle Scout. Fortunately, the troop leaders I knew did not molest us. Most were decent men. A few were bone heads.
Guess i need to check out the reasons for this move. If it turns out to be part of a cave in to some woke agenda such as the multiple gender stuff, I will condemn the move.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Saw a headline about this crud. Do not know the details. I was a Boy Scout and later an Eagle Scout. Fortunately, the troop leaders I knew did not molest us. Most were decent men. A few were bone heads.
Guess i need to check out the reasons for this move. If it turns out to be part of a cave in to some woke agenda such as the multiple gender stuff, I will condemn the move.
Hello; A correction. I was an Explorer Scout after I aged out of regular scouts. I made it to Life scout but not Eagle. I needed two swimming merit badges. I learned to swim but never took the swimming or lifesaving tests.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; A technical question of sorts. I switched internet providers last week. May be the e-mail I was using went away and I may need a new e-mail account. I do not know the steps to do this. G mail has been suggested.
I switched service last Friday and have been getting e-mails up until today.
I have an image at the bottom of my monitor screen. A blue open envelope. If I click on that I get a list of what must be places to set up an e-mail account. Google, Yahoo and several others. My old account was somehow thru Yahoo associated with the old internet provider.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
But I do strongly feel that the dog is a product of its upbringing; both nature and nurture play huge roles in its development.
Agreed. Some dogs become more dominant than others at an early age, and those animals simply require a handler/owner that knows how to deal with such a dog. And yeah, some of those same folks that lack that know how, should never have kids either.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; no doubt there are good dogs and bad dogs. Disagreements arise over secondary aspects of dog behavior. On one side, more or less, any dog who bites or kills someone is a bad dog. I guess the reasons ought to matter and agree sometimes they do. A dog defending an owner or an owners child can attack all it need to in my book. On the other hand, a dog that comes at me for no reason I can fathom is a bad dog.

On another side some never admit a dog can be bad on its own. I do not intend to try to dissuade them. Faulty owner or not we sometimes have to deal with the dog itself whatever the cause. For what it is worth the owners of the aggressive dog in my neighborhood are doing better. Had it on a lead yesterday.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Lots of good dogs, bite people. Quite often it’s a fear response due to owners lack of understanding the fundamentals of proper dog training and ownership. In those cases, I don’t blame the dog, or consider it bad.

Reactions: koltsixx
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store