One more try - Another Amaira

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
He's actually relatively interactive. He knows I feed him and comes out looking for food. Swims but not a ton. My first aimara was swimmer. Used to do laps around the tank.

Reactions: moe214

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Success!! I got him to eat 3 carni stick pellets tonight. Decided to try floating pellets instead of sinking pellets that get lost in the substrate.

Not sure he enjoyed it. Each pellet he spat out and sucked in again like 5 times. I pulled up a stool to sit next to the tank to watch him eat. He hit the second pellet, spit it out and then literally swam straight up to me and looked me in the eyes like he was saying"what's this crap you're feeding me".

Will give him some more tomorrow. Hope to get him to NLS after these.

Reactions: kno4te and moe214

Quason778

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2014
Washington, DC
Success!! I got him to eat 3 carni stick pellets tonight. Decided to try floating pellets instead of sinking pellets that get lost in the substrate.

Not sure he enjoyed it. Each pellet he spat out and sucked in again like 5 times. I pulled up a stool to sit next to the tank to watch him eat. He hit the second pellet, spit it out and then literally swam straight up to me and looked me in the eyes like he was saying"what's this crap you're feeding me".

Great job!!!

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car

Congrats probably best feeling ever. I've struggled getting my wolf to eat when I first got him. Now massivore is a staple 30-50 pellets every other day. Big boy is pushing 16.5-17" although it'll never be as big as yours I love it to death! It must be a thing because my wolf still bites and spits out massivore a few times before it swallows it. I'm suspecting it's the texture as when you barely drop it in usually after a min or so when it softens up it'll just inhale it

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
So this guy really has taken to the carni sticks. Hitting them quick and can feed him a bunch. I tried throwing in NLS pellet last night and while he took it, he just spat it. Will probably try to finish the bag of carnisticks then will force him to NLS potentially. Feeling good. Now I just need to keep monitoring his scarring to make sure its not getting worse like I was afraid of.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Just realized I'm giving him hikari food sticks and not carni sticks. Don't think matters but seems like most folks prefer carnisticks. Regardless I would like to try and get him onto NLS but something tells me I would have been better off buying floating pellets instead of sinking.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
That is awesome!

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Thank is awesome hopefully my daughter will do that soon and maybe help me with a w/c haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store