Ornate's tail floating

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
My recommendation is dose if it happens. Don't recommend it to be added to any tank on a regular basis.

It can cause anemia in fish. Hard to prove but one of the issues with it.

Reduce feedings with time in between and add catfish to the diet. This will help prevent bloat.

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
My recommendation is dose if it happens. Don't recommend it to be added to any tank on a regular basis.

It can cause anemia in fish. Hard to prove but one of the issues with it.

Reduce feedings with time in between and add catfish to the diet. This will help prevent bloat.
Catfish? Ok.

Problem is in the big tank he pretty much eats anything that hits the bottom.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
They sell catfish filets at the supermarket. It's oily and help to make digestion easier.

Reduce ur feedings to couple times per week.

Seems to be an issue with cb polys. Bloat is preventable.

Trapped air is just treated when it happens.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
He has been in white sand during his qt. He has seemed to to Lighten up. Im not sure i wanna put him back in the big tank with the black substrate.

Lemme ask this. How do i keep his tale from floating in the future? He is eating pellets.....well he eats everything really. But in the qt tank it is pellets.

View attachment 1264764
I know this is off subject and I'm glad to hear he's doing good, but isn't that a Teug? Did this get covered elsewhere? Also if I'm crazy it's ok you can say it.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
No dont dose the main tank. Feed cstfish or epsom.soaked pellets (every few months not on a reg basis)

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
I know this is off subject and I'm glad to hear he's doing good, but isn't that a Teug? Did this get covered elsewhere? Also if I'm crazy it's ok you can say it.
I dont really know. I guess my lfs does not either.

I cant tell the difference in teug, del, bichir, end, upper jaw , lower jaw. I cant seem to figure it all out. I just wanted a cool looking fish......:)

I wanted an ornate......:(

Last edited:

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I dont really know. I guess my lfs does not either.

I cant tell the difference in teug, del, bichir, end, upper jaw , lower jaw. I cant seem to figure it all out. I just wanted a cool looking fish......:)

I wanted an ornate......:(
Personally I like Teug better. Ornate are cool looking and both get big just teug stays a little slimmer, and Teug has a better diversity of color. I think anyway.

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Personally I like Teug better. Ornate are cool looking and both get big just teug stays a little slimmer, and Teug has a better diversity of color. I think anyway.
Cool. Maybe i won by accident! How big will he get?

I just read the sticky. My head hurts and i still cound not tell the difference out in the "wild"

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store