Oscar in a horse trough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raetak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Florida, USA
Where did you get them and at what price?

Posted on mobile.monsterfishkeepers.com

Robbwilder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
South Florida
Raetak;4919036; said:
Where did you get them and at what price?

Tractor Supply. They are all around florida EXCEPT SOUTHEAST Florida. You can look at the website. I think they have gone up since then. I paid a 100 for the filter at Home depot and im waiting for some more wetdry bio balls to make a DIY filter. I like the Home Depot Fountin Filters as a pre filter/pump into the DIY because you can return some of it up and make a fountain and help keep the water cool.

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
kevinfleming21;4918242; said:
Exactly... If a decent sized fish tank is too much money for you to spend, maybe fish keeping is not the hobby for you.. just spend $300 and buy a 4x2x2 or 6x18x22.

Raetak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Florida, USA
BlackShark11k;4919283; said:
Exactly... If a decent sized fish tank is too much money for you to spend, maybe fish keeping is not the hobby for you.. just spend $300 and buy a 4x2x2 or 6x18x22.
Maybe I'm like 15, I have a tiny bedroom, and my room is already full of tanks. Also, that's great! If you can find me an aquarium that big for $300 and can convince my parents to let me have it!

Raetak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Florida, USA
And I see no reason why a plastic trough is any better or worse than an aquarium.

Robbwilder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
South Florida
BlackShark11k;4919283; said:
Who are you to tell anyone that this hobby isnt for them? Think all fish have to be in a glass tank??? Go look in the indoor pond section.

I like having fish tanks but also having the stock tank mini ponds.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Id say go with it but rubbermaid would be better. Mini ponds are much better for rays than almost any glass aquarium

Jenni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Sidney, Iowa
My parents have kept goldfish outside in a huge horsetank with no filter at all for over 30 years. We have a heater, which keeps it from freezing in the winter, and that's all. They breed freely in it. I sure don't know why an Oscar wouldn't be happy in one!

treldib

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Robbwilder;4919866; said:
Who are you to tell anyone that this hobby isnt for them? Think all fish have to be in a glass tank??? Go look in the indoor pond section.
:iagree: Flaming someone is the best way to get someone out of the hobby. C'mon....thats not what we're here for. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store