Oscars laid eggs need help asap

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Word of the wise if you are concentrating on breeding a pair. Remove all other large fish, dithers can go either way. Do regular water changes and turn the heat to 80-85. Other activity in the tank can disrupt the male fertilizing the eggs. It might take a second try, sometimes it happens. Make sure the surroundings suit the fish well, because that rock looks jagged. Try something smoother, sometimes something more comfortable might make the difference.
I agree wasnt planning on them breeding but now I know for sure they will again any suggestions on where I could get a flat smooth rock for them. I also am trying to sell the other tank mates and move some into the 210 wen its ready.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree wasnt planning on them breeding but now I know for sure they will again any suggestions on where I could get a flat smooth rock for them. I also am trying to sell the other tank mates and move some into the 210 wen its ready.
Some lfs will sale slate also Oscar's will dig a pit and lay the eggs.

Reactions: AnthonyFish20

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have yet to read or see any successful Oscar clutches in aquarium, mine use to lay all the time, all my females did, male or no males did not matter. They just do not breed will in a typical aquarium.

Reactions: tlindsey

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Its silly but cichlids love them terracotta pots. I think it's the just one way in deal, easier to guard the eggs/fry. Just got to make sure it's big enough for them to use.

You can see here how Casper has outgrown this pot and I was going to change it out for a bigger one.
20190309_200747.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store