peacock hap paradise

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
Well did not get much more done today got some eggcrate to put in the bottom to disperse the weight over the bottom from the rock evenly .And got some new gaskets for the bulk heads.Hope to get more done during this week.:grinno:

DSC00391.JPG

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
malawi haps;993144; said:
Well did not get much more done today got some eggcrate to put in the bottom to disperse the weight over the bottom from the rock evenly .And got some new gaskets for the bulk heads.Hope to get more done during this week.:grinno:
your doing great.. best to take your time and not rush anyway.. i know your excited and wish you the best.

KABB44423

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hollywood,FL
malawi haps;992351; said:
Ok put another coat of paint on the back of the tank, did a little more to stand and cleaned out the overflow covers.
Davo I will be aquascaping this tank with some diy feather stone caves I make for my self and my lfs I will attach some images so you can see what I am talking about .Also some fake plants in the mix or might try some real ones .I want the whole back and up 2/3 of the tank to be caves . The pics are from my 75 that is currently for sale .I also have a diy thread on how to make these in another forum if anyone is interested.
i am interested on how you made thoes caves they are very nice

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
Thanks here is the lik to the diy thread i did on another forum
http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25447
hope this helps.The only thing I left out on the thread was to lightly sand them with 80grit to knock off any sharpness before introducing them in to the tank .And to boil them to get them to sink.:headbang2

KABB44423

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hollywood,FL
malawi haps;994594; said:
Thanks here is the lik to the diy thread i did on another forum
http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25447
hope this helps.The only thing I left out on the thread was to lightly sand them with 80grit to knock off any sharpness before introducing them in to the tank .And to boil them to get them to sink.:headbang2
thanks that looks like something i can do :D

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
UPDATE UPDATE!!:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2
Got home late last night so I did not get to post my lunch time score.
Got my sump systemfor 50$:WHOA: This thing is huge :WHOA: The guy at the lfs said it was for a 400 gallon and if I had to guess I would say it's around 50 to 60 gallon made by sea life systems .Itr has 2 bio chambers and 2 bulkheads for 2 pumps .I will be cleaning it out this eve and taking some pics STAY TUNED!:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
Been out cleaning the sump it measures :WHOA: 36x18x24 and has 2 media chambers side by side thats 32 gallons but runnigg half full it will be like 15:WHOA:
did a little mod to the drip tray if some holes are good then moore is better.This should give me better saturation of the media and flow better ya think??
Also added more media at the bottom and will put 2 bags of agronite in the chamber where the sponge is for ph stabilization

DSC00392.JPG

DSC00393.JPG

DSC00394.JPG

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
In the top area of the sump their will be prefilter pad and in the overflow chambers their will be strainers and if anything starts making moise upon fire up mods will be made .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store