PETA Hates The Aquarium Hobby! (article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jechrz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
It's like so many other things, it starts out with what would seem like a great idea and then it gets taken to an extream by some fanatics....
Definitely, they totally forgot and/or ignore the definition of "anything too much is bad" >.<

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
in some ways they're right. how many people would you trust with your fish? that idiot off the street you wouldn't even want looking at your tank, can easily go get his own to torture.

and there's plenty of people who decide they don't want to bother and just quit caring for the tank, after all, they're just fish.
dirty-fish-tank-crop.jpg
and then there's all the overstocking
10208.jpg

and over collecting.
http://mauisierraclub.org/where-have-hawaiis-fish-gone/

dirty-fish-tank-crop.jpg

10208.jpg

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
I do wish the sale of bettas would go away. We had a betta at the store i work at for about 2 months. He lived in about 10 ounces of water. :-/. I finally just brought him home and put him in a 3 gallon tank. They are the most abused fish out there. And the most under rated as well. I really hate how they are treated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
we should make it illegal to keep fish in bowls like rome

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
The problem with laws like that is that they're not really enforced. My local county recently passed laws about chaining dogs up. But police aren't going door to door enforcing these laws.

deuxe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2013
Brooklyn
I knocked some guy out for tryna take my fish that I bought from a breeder. He kept saying you are supporting theyre cause and its animal cruelty etc etc.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Yeah that's true but at least stores could not sell them that way

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
The way some people treat animals (fish included) is a problem. Since there is not an easy (practical) solution to this problem, I can see how some might promote an outright ban of the hobby. The other extreme is the belief that people are free to do as they please (animals have no rights). IMO both ends of the spectrum are absurd.

This thread got me thinking about the "fish shaming" thread, where people post pictures of their fish and list something shameful that said fish had done; what if there was a "human (MFKer) shaming" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store