Petco $1 per gallon sale!

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
bluehighways;4750598; said:
I would post a pic of the cover but it's so ghetto that I'd be embarassed to do so. I just use a piece of lexan that fits inside the top. If you decide to use a homemade top made of polycarbonate, it can be cut using a plywood blade on a table saw. Feed the sheet very slowly or it will crack. If you don't have or know someone who can set you up with tablesaw cutting you may have to buy a lid premade. I do recommend getting a 40g breeder, though. They're very useful and fun tanks.

Now I have a new project to work on. I got a 55g today with all the fixin's. Time to build a stand and start cycling. I bought a red LED strip for this one. It's gonna look so cool!
Did u get the polycarbonate lexan at home depot or lowes? Under what section?

gveng

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
troutking;4750852; said:
Did u get the polycarbonate lexan at home depot or lowes? Under what section?
both carry it, it's usually found where they sell windows, usually right next to the sheets of glass.

on a side note, it's usually really cheap to get glass cut. you can use the thinnest glass which i believe is 1/8, silicon some handles to it, and your done! looks nice and i think it was under $20 to do my old 60g.

gveng

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
UNKNOWN;4751009; said:
is there a limit to the amount of gallons you can purchase for $1 per gallon, lets say only up to 75 gallons ? anyone know ?
55g is the limit

longislandfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i bought a $40 breeder tank last sale. $350 more dollors later i have the full setup lol. YOur still gonna spend the chedda if you want to do it right/ I have a 40g breeder, glass top, 36 inch double light, stand and FLUVAL 405 (yes i know its powerful for a 40g but im growning out Clown loaches in this tank.

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Ok, is there stand with it or just the tank? I understand no lights and stuff?

And what are the dimmensions of the 40gal breeder?

gveng

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
fishy12;4751163; said:
Ok, is there stand with it or just the tank? I understand no lights and stuff?

And what are the dimmensions of the 40gal breeder?
lol, it's just the tank.

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Arizona
hmm i cant drive so FML..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store