Petsmart's carrying new fish

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
HarpoGarza said:
Wow. I've never seen an FH in my local Petsmart. In fact, I had to drive 30 minutes downtown to get mine.
"HAHAHAHA! I just went to Petsmart and got another baby FH FOR THREE DOLLARS! SCORE! I also got a 6" Bala Shark for $5! I'm a happy dude right now!"

In one post you never seen a fh, in the next you buy a fh.......:screwy:

RTCatz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
los angeles
That's weird, since when did petsmart sell ornate bichers? All I have to say is they must be damn expensive if their neon dwarf gouramis are $7.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I have found that some of their fish are a good deal, some are ridiculous. I wil pay a premium for good service from my lfs if the price is reasonably close.

Scottfree

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
location, location, location
ewurm said:
I wil pay a premium for good service from my lfs if the price is reasonably close.
Huh, you sound like my customers, a premium and then reasonably close? .........Sorry to be a prick, I'm sure you can get me back for many of my future posting gaffes....

buster york

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Golden.Colorado
I'm pretty fotunate to to live in an area where the independantly owned fish stores have some good supplier connections. PetSmart is is the place to get crickets. I would be shocked if I walk in to a PetSmart around here and saw annything other than the usual suspects Oscar, Severum, Jack Deemsey... there are maybe a total of four tanks that I'll check, out of the fifty some tanks at PetSmart, they always have the same selection.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Scottfree said:
Huh, you sound like my customers, a premium and then reasonably close? .........Sorry to be a prick, I'm sure you can get me back for many of my future posting gaffes....
By a premium, I mean I will pay a couple of extra dollars for the same thing, but not double. What I will say is that my lfs usually has higher quality specimens, which I do not qualify as the "same". I will ALWAYS buy higher quality.

Example: Petsmart has platys for two bucks. My fls sells them for three. I will buy a couple platys at petsmart on occasion if my lfs does not have that coloration, but my lfs has some very unusual platys with great coloration that I am willing to pay 5 bucks for. If it comes down to it, I will pay extra to my lfs for the exact same thing because I like the store, the people, and I want to support them. Sometimes they don't have some of the things that petsmart does, but it is rare. I would prefer to buy from lfs.

omotocycle1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2006
washington
For most rumors i am aware of, is not in the varities of fish but the condition of the fish that are an issue. whether they are not fed well or how transported, either way some fish are in bad shape at the store

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store