PH HELP!!!

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
Why bump it? Take all the ph buffers out of the tank and filter and leave the ph as is. There is no need to mess with the ph. And this encouragement to add this or that will only contribute to your problems.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Am just worry that if I take all the crush coral out , ph will really drop .... I been taking some out that's why it's dropping so bad sometimes (4.5)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
What size tank is this? Could it be overstocked? What sizes arw your fish?What's all your other parameters? High amonia will drop your ph.sorry just saw your post about the size of tank.what's the exp. Date on the test kit? Take a tank water sample to your lfs and have them test ?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
+1 I lost my ray last month to a pH crash and faulty kit :mad:, lesson learned new kits regular its not worth the risk if its border line exp date

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
It seems to be a filtration issue. High ammonia. Low P.H. Install another canister filter. Let it cycle. Use carbon. The ammonia issue needs to be resolved.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
In long established tanks ph that keeps dropping real low is due to lots of organic gunk either in the grave or filter driving the ph down even after a water change and adding Ph Up. You need to clean out your filter. Not super clean just wash out the heavy solids leave it partially dirty so to leave bacteria in the filter. Gravel vac your gravel this will let your Ph stablelize.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store