Phase Two Started

spirofucci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Harlingen, Texas
Wow, how'd I miss this??? Great build thread with a great outcome. Of course we could always ask for more pics!!!!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I think I'm going to have a get together in April. Might call it a "South West MFK Meet" Ya'll are welcome to check out the tanks in person :)

I have to talk to the boss about a good day to have people over......

Maybe April 23 ish?

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
prskiller;5037690; said:
Awesome tank. I really like the height of it and the stand is unique. Good job:headbang2
Thanks! the stand turned out great :)

calioutlaw1a;5037735; said:
How big is your red tail shark?
That Red Tail Shark is my fav! Maybe 5 inches and owns that tank. I've had it 5 years now. Very fat! I will load a pic of it tonight when I get home

arapaimag;5040107; said:
Looks really good. The dats look very solid. Background is excellent.

Thanks! The BG was a PITH to install but I'm happy with it. Unfortunately my Ghost knife gets behind the background and I never get to see it anymore. If I feed at night with the lights dim I will see flashes of the ghost knife so I know it's still alive and it's growing. :)

Superlaz

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
USA
You've done an amazing job with both tanks. I am in a similar situation ackground wise, as they dont make the background size I need for my tank, so piecing a few together is my only choice. Question though, how deep into the aquarium does the background reach?

I prefer the more 3Dish ones over the slim line, the line where the background meets the substrate is too stright for my liking.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Superlaz;5070310; said:
You've done an amazing job with both tanks. I am in a similar situation ackground wise, as they dont make the background size I need for my tank, so piecing a few together is my only choice. Question though, how deep into the aquarium does the background reach?

I prefer the more 3Dish ones over the slim line, the line where the background meets the substrate is too stright for my liking.

Ah yes! The Super Avatar guy!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Okay back to fish. The 360 is more of a 3D type background and it comes out in some places about 10". Check out a side view of the tank in one of the upper posts. You can see where I painted the side of the tank where the background would of shown if not covered in paint. Thats a 27" front to back tank.
My 450 is the slim type, maybe 3/4" thick with two fake rocks glued to the background to give it some depth. I like the way both backgrounds came out. The slim type was easyer to install.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store